DAW Users With ADD

Paul881 said:
If you ever come to Northamptonshire, as you cross the county line, the signpost says "Welcome to Nothamptonshire, Englands Rose of the Shires".

The inference is that it is a rose between two thorns - Leicestershire and Bedfordshire ;)
Oh yeah. Well, I'll have you know that New Jersey is the Garden State!!!! It says so right on our license plates.

Probably because there is a garden here somewhere. Not sure, I haven't run across it yet. :o :o

Did you open that wine yet, Paul? I'm thinking I should go out and have a few glasses for lunch. ;)

Paul881 said:
If you ever come to Northamptonshire, as you cross the county line, the signpost says "Welcome to Nothamptonshire, Englands Rose of the Shires".

The inference is that it is a rose between two thorns - Leicestershire and Bedfordshire ;)
I can see where they're coming from with that. :) Did you say you were a student? What universities are there in the countryside?

Actually, nowadays all the players seem to come from outside the U.S. - Japan, Latin America, Caribbean, Australia
Mike, we are no different, finding an English soccer player in the Premier League is becoming increasingly difficult.
Things are getting bad here too.We have four racing sausages,one is Polish,one is Italian,one is German and the American is just a hot dog. :( :eek:
Location,location,location
Maybe I should change mine from "tax hell" to "America's dairyland".
Maybe not.

Hey, Acid, now that we got two token Limeys it appears they are trying to gang up on us.
At least they can type in English.
I've heard both you and Chuck talk,Chuck does'nt have much of an accent.I'm wondering how thick the English guys accents are.
Are they Tony Blairs or Keith Richards?
I'm thinking Paul is the Andy Capp type.
BTW,everything I know about the English culture I learned from Andy Capp and Benny Hill.

LATER!!!

noisedude said:
you say you were a student? What universities are there in the countryside?
Actually Paul is a professor of vacationology,he also is somewhat of an expert on distilled beverages.

Lovely! Well I'm from Yorkshire, which gives me a slightly different tonal quality to what you might now from 'darn sarf' (which is how cockneys say 'down south').

If I can get my mixer hooked up over the weekend I'll record you a sample. :)

By the way, you all missed it. It's technically Saturday here now, but I guess that makes it Friday evening for you guys so ...........

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ish)

Glad to hear it. I speak English as God intended it, in God's own county (no, not country). Yorkshire is a wacky place. :)

noisedude said:
You yanks are nuts. :)
Nah. Only the ones from Wisconsin.

Man, it has been absolutely beautiful here the past 3 days. Spring has finally arrived for real. Forsythia and magnolias are in full bloom. No coat needed during the day. I'm loving it after the most horrible winter.

The weather
It's been fantastic here...except by the lake :( .Even so I'm due to cut the grass and it's been nowheres near as rainy as last year this time.
I'm loving it after the most horrible winter.
Winter was very tame here last year,that's what you get for living in NJ. :p

Brewers
Won their opener!

Bucks
They should've pulled the feeding tube on this one a long time ago.

LATER!

Going to see Sin City tonight. I'll post my review later. :D

Weather's still great here and supposed to stay that way through the weekend. :)

Italy - 3 weeks from Friday!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm going to be missing the Friday post this week as I'm away, plus my ADSL is going offline for a couple of weeks so I will only be on here when I can get in the library or something!! :)

dachay2tnr said:
Going to see Sin City tonight. I'll post my review later.
:D :D :D
Oh man,I want to go see that,it's a comic book movie ya know.

Italy - 3 weeks from Friday
I hear there's a job opening there you might want to look into,don't bring your resume.

noisedude said:
I'm going to be missing the Friday post this week as I'm away
It's gotta be an English thing.

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
Oh man,I want to go see that,it's a comic book movie ya know.
Graphic novel, actually. :D :D

Very strange movie. Visually it quite groundbreaking. It looks as close to a comic book as I have ever seen using live actors. It's kinda hard to describe, but many scenes - despite the motion - look very much like a comic book panel.

On the other hand, I have no clue what the movie was actually about. It's sorta like Pulp Fiction, with a couple of different story lines. However, I think these story lines are supposed to come together - but I couldn't quite figure out how.

Lastly, it is gross. There are multiple decapitations, castrations, severed limbs and appendages, blown off body parts, hangings, drowning in toilet bowls, and one dick that is torn off by hand. :eek: The only thing that makes it even somewhat tolerable is the coloring effects. Mostly the blood is seen as yellow or white, and only rarely red.

Overall, it is worth going to see for the visual creativity. However, about 15 minutes in, you've probably seen all you need to see. (Except it is probably worth waiting around to see Jessica Alba :D ).

Graphic novel, actually.
It's a graphic novel in the same sense that I read Playboy for the articles. :D

Movies
I was wondering how much substance there was going to be in Sin City.It seems that in so called "stylised" movies the story is an afterthought.Captain whatever and the world of tomorrow was a good example of that.The edits made me nauseous and the goofy camera angles were overused.
Another movie that turned me off in more ways than one was Natural Born killers,suck-a-vous.

Ray is the is the best movie I've seen in a long time.
I especially liked the fact they did'nt make him a sympathetic character and showed that he basically created his problems on his own.

TGIAF
Well Noisedude took the job over a few weeks ago and he's already on vacation.
I know the pay sucks,but the fringe benefits are dynamite. :cool:

LATER!!!

Ok, ok, here this then.

I just got in - it's 1am. In two hours I'm going out for the next day and a half. So tonight I'm getting two hours sleep. What am I doing right now? What could possibly distract me from squeezing every second of rest out of this 72-hour day that I can?

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let that be a lesson to the doubters. :mad: :mad: :eek:

;)

noisedude said:
Let that be a lesson to the doubters.
Not me. Never had even a morsel of doubt. You da man.

BTW, saw the pics of your house on that other site. 400 years old??? Does it have indoor plumbing and electricity? :p

Kidding. Looks pretty cool. My townhouse is about 20 years old, and if I'm lucky it'll still be standing for another 5 or so.

IT'S SUNDAY!!!
Cut the grass for the first time this year yesterday.
Stoked up the grill,as I will again today. :cool:

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may have a future in this business.

Must start chores....

LATER!!!

Back