Corporate FM (movie)

Nola

Hey guys. I watched this tonight. It's infuriating and disgusting. Thought you'd like it!
Corporate FM (2012) - IMDb

It's on amazon prime but maybe you can find it somewhere else like netflix or youtube.

I will take a look at this. I think as early as the middle 70's they were sending out reels to FM stations for the play list and then have the slots for the local commercials. Early FM was not that way, lots of good music and it was varied. They would play whole albums at midnight once a week.

I watched it. I thought it was a bit bias as to the reasons for the fall of radio. The corporate mass takeover of radio surely was one of the last nails in the coffin, but you can't discount the internet/iphone and the fragmentation of listeners into the multitude of genres there are today. College radio is still worth listening to, though again there are so many genres that i can't stomach for extended periods. I hope real ma and pa type radio makes a comeback someday as i can remember how important radio was in the 70's, helping promote local bands and serving a real function to the community.

Back