Contacting Mods

raven46

I recieved an email couple days ago saying someone tried to log into my account 5 times. I got an I.P. address and I would like to notify a mod.

If you look down the bottom of the forum thread list you'll see who the mods are.... you can just PM them.

The Administrator is Calimoose.

I recieved an email couple days ago saying someone tried to log into my account 5 times. I got an I.P. address and I would like to notify a mod.

Hi there,
Thanks for posting about it. We've definitely had this before and I'm not sure that anything can be done, but please do let Calimoose know by PM, if you wouldn't mind. :)

Question.

If the hacker tried 5 times to log in it would appear that he doesn't have the OP's genuine password in the first place so there's no real threat to their account, yes/no?

Also, just postulating here, is it possible that maybe another user with a similar username typed in the op's username by accident, didn't notice their error and then went on to then type in his own password which wouldn't work?

To me, those sound like more likely scenarios then an actual bad guy trying to hijack an account.

Cheers! :)

Question.

If the hacker tried 5 times to log in it would appear that he doesn't have the OP's genuine password in the first place so there's no real threat to their account, yes/no?

Also, just postulating here, is it possible that maybe another user with a similar username typed in the op's username by accident, didn't notice their error and then went on to then type in his own password which wouldn't work?

To me, those sound like more likely scenarios then an actual bad guy trying to hijack an account.

Cheers! :)

Yeah, the failed attempts and warning is letting the owner know the hacker didn't get it.
I say hacker because it's happened several times. It's always a chinese IP as far as I know.
Perhaps the OP, or Cali, will confirm.

Yep, all attempts so far have been from China. Change your password to something more complicated if you haven't already done so.

Yeah, mine was a bit loose. It was Ga0Q8z[]123Xb7o8, but I changed it to bob. No one will ever figure that out. :D

Sorry guys I forgost about this thread and I didn't get any email notifications about yer replies. Will contact Calimoose now. Thanks

This happened to me too. I googled the IP address and a page came up indicating it was based in France.

Woah boy, what someone could pull off with a freshly-hacked HR account- the sky's the limit!

Why would anyone hack this site? Just for practice? :confused:

Actually that is probably likely. 3 year old hackers have to start somewhere right? Give em credit for trying? lol

Not sure how hacking into a forum makes sense tho. Maybe they think HR means 'Human Resources' for a company that owns this site? :)

Back