Clones

Say a trillionaire cloned the Beatles.

He made sure they were brought up as similarly as the first Beatles, with as much as possible, the same major life events leading up to the formation of John's band that Paul joined.

In today's world, what music would the clones make?

I guess what I'm really wondering is who today is doing what the Beatles did in the 60's?

Or say he cloned Mozart?

I think about weird stuff like this way too much.

the whole music worlds changed so the music would have to be different and ther crowds changed which might even be more important and non-cloneable.(thats not a real word)

the music genre dna has been split so many times now its hard to make a noise that hasnt been made, right?
like forward is done,m then backward tricks are done..so what other way is there?
flangers, chorus, delays and kickdrum mics up close and saturated tubes for revolution is already done, how much more distortion would be groundbreaking?

maybe they would do Rap as its selling the most? which kind of rap..??

and without Brian Epstein and George Martin, Mal and Neil they might not even make it out of playing at the new Cavern.

Good point about Martin et al. Clearly they were a product of their environment.

Even tho the environment has changed you think they would not be the force in today's world that they were then?

Probably not.

Compare the music from 1940 (Tommy Dorsey, Bing Crosby, Artie Shaw) to 1960 (Mark Dinning - Teen Angel, Percy Faith, Elvis Presley). Way more of a direction in terms of the style that emerged to influence them than the music from 2000 (Destiny's Child, Madonna, Christina Aguilera) to 2018 (Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars.)

But still, genius can find a way.

I'd like to see what a clever movie maker could do with it.

the music is still here, its not # 1 on Billboard anymore.

as for the magic chemistry of personalities if "cloned"....who knows?

would Mozart make it today if he reappeared? or would he need to rely on pop-up ads during his shows?

IMO, Martin is what defined and created the Beatles. That guy knew so much about sound, production, arrangement, those guys from the poor section of town just couldn't have known this. I do believe after a few years with Martin they picked up his knowledge and learned how to record. I often think about how Paul with Wings knew how to create really great recordings.

I really believe without Martin, the Beatles were just another garage band. The five of them is what made "The Beatles".

I would almost go as far as, if there was another George Martin, he would be more kick ass than Rick Reuben, who does pretty damn good. Plus he would have a Martin series of plugins to peddle ;)

That is how important I think Martin was to these guys.

It's a fun scenario to ponder... IMO the magic that was the Beatles can never be replicated...That was then, this is now and things have changed...They were in that NOW we are in this NOW and NOW is infinitely ever changing every millisecond as we blindly meander through this thing we call consciousness. Within you, without you, there is a fog upon LA and we are living in LA LA land.

Pass me the bong!

I agree about Martin. He's the one who said start the song with the chorus. Brilliant.

Another thing way different from then to now is they emerged during the post WWII era.

A time of great social change that was reflected in the music.

Today is so bland, no wonder there's nothing happening.

I suppose you would have to clone both of the paul mccartneys? at times he was the tallest beatle and at other times he was the same height as ringo. at times he had wraparound eyebrows and at other times he didn't. the taller one had the weird eyebrows. the other one was actually his brother mike, used mostly for recording. would the clones have to have the same experiences? as long as we're cloning people we might as well clone all the fans too? it boggles the mundo.

I saw it more of a what-if thing. I keep thinking today's clones would come up with amazing music like the originals did. It seems logical to me that a reborn Macca would be capable of another Yesterday. And that's where the trillionaire comes in. He molds the clones to serve his twisted purposes.

Back