Character of voice overcomes actual vocal talent?

Btw, glad you liked the autotune joke. If i made just one person chuckle, my job is done. Critics be damned. (And I'll bet even some if them thought it was funny in secret)
:D
It was funny then and it's still relevant in today's political climate. :D

It was funny then and it's still relevant in today's political climate. :D

Not to toot my own horn, but once in a blue moon, I come up with a good one. One so good, others can only wish they were the author. Now if i could do that with songwriting, I'd be set.
:D

Btw, Rami, you may have to cover Rhianna now. :D

If you're talking about the ability to come up with a good tune though... now that's talent.

Melody, or songwriting generally? Both can be improved with practice and work. It takes a willingness to revise, focus in on parts that aren't working, improve them. It can be hard to keep that objectivity. Critical feedback helps. The huge thing is time invested. The people I know who are producing a steady output of original music are working at it every day, to the point where it conflicts with other things going on in their lives.

I think he meant the black chick.

Isn't that Rhiannon? Fuck, they're all the same person to me. Rhiannon, Beonce, Mickey Ninaj or whatever....I couldn't tell you one from the other. Not that I wouldn't do any of them, but I ain't covering their "music".

Isn't that Rhiannon? Fuck, they're all the same person to me. Rhiannon, Beonce, Mickey Ninaj or whatever....I couldn't tell you one from the other. Not that I wouldn't do any of them, but I ain't covering their "music".

There are no redeeming qualities about any of those women.

"Rhiannon" is the Fleetwood Mac song. Rihanna is the pop singer.

I know everybody will sleep more soundly tonight now that that's straightened out.

"Rhiannon" is the Fleetwood Mac song. Rihanna is the pop singer.

I know everybody will sleep more soundly tonight now that that's straightened out.

HAHA! OK thanx. :)

What about Rowan and Martin?

I hereby would like to apologize for having a difference of opinion with the OP. He is right. Only classically trained opera singers should be considered good artists, as all others are merely hacks and anyone who listens to them are not kewl. When a Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Sex Pistols, Frank Zappa, Little Richard, Beatles, Rolling Stones, or James Brown song comes on, I turn it off because it is culturally irrelevant music made by people with imperfect pitch. What is this world coming to? All those talentless hacks should learn how to sing, then maybe someone would take them seriously.

I hereby would like to apologize for having a difference of opinion with the OP. He is right. Only classically trained opera singers should be considered good artists, as all others are merely hacks and anyone who listens to them are not kewl. When a Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Sex Pistols, Frank Zappa, Little Richard, Beatles, Rolling Stones, or James Brown song comes on, I turn it off because it is culturally irrelevant music made by people with imperfect pitch. What is this world coming to? All those talentless hacks should learn how to sing, then maybe someone would take them seriously.

Alrighty then...

I didn't give my opinion in my initial post. I left it open for others to give theirs.

My point was not to be condescending towards any singer or songwriter. Just the premise of this one certain video that I found a bit arrogant.

But if you feel the desire to apologize for no reason, then I will accept it. lol

BTW, I have a sense of humor also. Just sayin...

:)

Back