The Celebrity Obituary Thread

yeah it seems the college shows the data that the "27 club" is a myth based on very few famous people dying at 27 and ignoring the bigger picture. Also it mentioned the 60's and 70's but a drop in the 80's in the 20-30 age group of musicians dying.

maybe its like musicians and airplanes too, the myth where most musicians magically die on a plane crashing like Buddy Holly and Lynrd Skynrd and Ricky Nelson and who else? those 3 out of 400,000,000 others.

Surprised no one has posted about Anthony Bourdain committing suicide yesterday at the age of 61.
Talk about a "holy shit" moment for a lot of people all over the news.

CNN's Anthony Bourdain dead at 61 - CNN

Watched a lot of his "Parts Unknown" shows, great stuff, and he liked good Rock and Punk Rock music...the guy hung out with the likes of Iggy Pop.
I always had the feeling he was the kind of guy it would be really cool to hang with, not because of his celebrity status, but his overall personality. He seemed whacky and interesting, very knowledgeable about a lot of stuff..but also easy to hang with and just BS.

Sad shit....RIP Anthony... :(

Vinnie Paul...

Do I have to do everything for you? I don't even come here much and haven't knowingly listened to a Pantera song ever but I did see this in the media this morning... and do actually know who he is/was.

Surprised no has mentioned that Aretha Franklin died today at age 76, pancreatic cancer.

A little respect here... RIP.

I meant "mentioned yet"...'cuz the news broke earlier than when I saw it (though TBH, I knew it was coming for a couple of says now).

I just thought it odd that people will post up about some totally obscure, little known person...yet no one said anything about Aretha.
There's enough old timers here to still now who she is....though I'm not sure about the millennials and younger set. ;)

It happened overnight my time so I only got the news when I woke up this morning, about 2.5 hrs ago.

Sad News

RIP

Aretha-Franklin-PromoReel.jpg

I meant "mentioned yet"...'cuz the news broke earlier than when I saw it (though TBH, I knew it was coming for a couple of says now).

I just thought it odd that people will post up about some totally obscure, little known person...yet no one said anything about Aretha.
There's enough old timers here to still now who she is....though I'm not sure about the millennials and younger set. ;)

Those of us in the US were at work when it was announced. At least those of us who work. Those who don't work were probably sleeping off their hangovers. :)

Those of us in the US were at work when it was announced. At least those of us who work. Those who don't work were probably sleeping off their hangovers. :)

I just figured most everyone is on a computer or near one even at work, or has an iPhone these days.
Some people check their iPhone 20 times during a 5 minute line at the supermarket. :laughings:
I don't know how they can stand being "connected" 24/7.

I just figured most everyone is on a computer or near one even at work, or has an iPhone these days.
Some people check their iPhone 20 times during a 5 minute line at the supermarket. :laughings:
I don't know how they can stand being "connected" 24/7.

True. I don't do HR via phone, and my work system blocks this place.

Back