The Celebrity Obituary Thread

yeah, I didnt realize George was off in October at 70, so two brothers this year?
George was the bands producer and nailed that signature sound or helped with it.
Malcolm RIP at 64
Angus rocks on.....62.

Malcoms strings were .12! dang I thought 10's were thick.

Malcolm’s gauge of preference is .12 to .58 and the bass strings are primarily what he hammers. He also mutes those strings with his palm, keeping feedback and unnecessary harmonic detail at bay, and creating his distinctive accents.78 JMP 2203 with EL34's (which Malcolm is known to use)

Attachments

• acdcdeath.png
    acdcdeath.png
    410.6 KB · Views: 10
I saw them several times, that last time recently was great too. Fast paced band, music was as expected only the crowd seemed older. INstead of people wasted and sneaking in whiskey bottles these days its $65 t-shirts and pizza in a chair while you watched them. Tickets were more like $350 instead of $17....lol

yeah, I didnt realize George was off in October at 70, so two brothers this year?
George was the bands producer and nailed that signature sound or helped with it.
Malcolm RIP at 64
Angus rocks on.....62.

Malcoms strings were .12! dang I thought 10's were thick.

Malcolm’s gauge of preference is .12 to .58 and the bass strings are primarily what he hammers. He also mutes those strings with his palm, keeping feedback and unnecessary harmonic detail at bay, and creating his distinctive accents.78 JMP 2203 with EL34's (which Malcolm is known to use)

And vintage ('63 maybe?) Gretsch Duo Jet, w/ single filtertron p'up. I think I read he customized it by ripping out all of the wiring, only volume knob wired, perhaps not even that.

(I picked up a '62 Duo Jet a few years ago. It had a ground problem and didn't work, made some awful sounds until I repaired it. Got it for $750. :thumbs up:)

Actually it was a big miss not naming George Young a few weeks back, George young was a massive influence in the music scene both as a player and a song writer.

He was a founding member of the bands The Easybeats and Flash and the Pan, and was one-half of the songwriting and production duo Vanda & Young with Harry Vanda, they wrote a string of hits for other artists. He was a massive influence on AC/DC using the knowledge of the Easybeats mistakes when they went to the UK to make sure that AC/DC did not make the same mistakes.

Alan.

malcoms strings had me looking...funny Ernie Ball name...

Attachments

• notevenSlinky.png
    notevenSlinky.png
    432.9 KB · Views: 4
Mel Tillis - C&W singer who stuttered......when he talked.

When he was singing the stuttering was not there. Odd how that works. He was a decent singer, but the endearing quality was his ability to lightheartedly overcome his impediment, or indeed to capitalize upon it, using that hand to ease through a stutter.

R..(the hand)..IP, M...(the hand)....Mel

Statler Brother, "Mel, I know you've already got one foot in the grave...."

Well go-ooly, Jim Nabors, aka Gomer Pyle, has died. I used to love that show, Gomer Pyle USMC. It added new perspective when in the movie Forrest Gump it was depicted the wounded guys returning from Vietnam and sitting in the hospital were disgusted by the show. Never really thought about that. Maybe it was an accurate depiction. Who klnows. It was still a good show.

Not trying to be mean, but I kinda thought he had died some time ago.

RIP, Jimbo.

Goober is dead too, Dec 2011.

He was a Capitol Records recording celebrity star. Im not sure if Gomer and Goober recorded together?
I think they both used RCA tube mics into Pultec Eq.

They were brothers who grew up in Mayberry. Gomer went on to the armed forces, Marines.

Attachments

• goober - Edited.png
    goober - Edited.png
    252.2 KB · Views: 4
Goober is dead too, Dec 2011.

He was a Capitol Records recording celebrity star. Im not sure if Gomer and Goober recorded together?
I think they both used RCA tube mics into Pultec Eq.

They were brothers who grew up in Mayberry. Gomer went on to the armed forces, Marines.

A little bit of pop culture?

Back