The Celebrity Obituary Thread

You mean Flounder...? :)
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Diabetes killed him.
RIP dude.

I made a lot of (rent) money in the 70's and 80's playing Glen Campbell songs in cover bands, RIP Glen.

Alan.

I recall my older brother having his music book and the TV show. Also read he had some time at Gold Star studio, session man.
Longevity for sure.

Thanks for posting that video.

I went to see Glen Campbell at Mohegan Sun when his "Goodbye Tour" began. I'm glad that I did. His daughter and sons performed with him. They are talented musicians in their own right.

There's a lot of truth to the line when Ashley sings, "Daddy don't you worry, I'll do the remembering."

During that concert Glen began playing a song in the wrong key. The band immediately stopped and Ashley said, "Dad, key of G."

Glen said, "Right, silly me, I forgot."

RIP Glen

Thanks for posting that video.

I went to see Glen Campbell at Mohegan Sun when his "Goodbye Tour" began. I'm glad that I did. His daughter and sons performed with him. They are talented musicians in their own right.

There's a lot of truth to the line when Ashley sings, "Daddy don't you worry, I'll do the remembering."

During that concert Glen began playing a song in the wrong key. The band immediately stopped and Ashley said, "Dad, key of G."

Glen said, "Right, silly me, I forgot."

RIP Glen

Great story. Glad you got to see him.

Yep. Campbell gathered some of the Wrecking Crew together to record a demo for Gentle On My Mind. He would shout out direction to the others during the run through of the song. He left the rough recording for his producer to hear. The producer took the ball and ran with it. Edited out the shouted directions and released the demo as is. They were just. that. good.

Talking with Leon Russell(formerly of the wrecking crew) he talks a bit about it starting at :55.

Back