The Celebrity Obituary Thread

I was just reading an article on how huge a pervert/deviant Chuck was, and now I don't feel so bad. Weird how it's hard to separate the two.

ha i dont know whats true or not...but if you open that can of worms there might be a bunch of our rock hero's in the club.
what are the sex rules for rock stars? whats the line between perv and patriot?

RIP J. Saw them on May 13, 1973 (class trip!!) Opening act: Frampton's Camel (yes, that Frampton!)
The apartment I lived in outside Kenmore Square in Boston (78-80) was the same one that J, Peter Wolf and others in the band had lived in back before they made a name for themselves. (We were told this by the old man who lived in the apartment below us, and had been there for 20 years).

71yrs old.... no foul play suspected.

MTV album Freeze Frame was the one I first really saw and heard of the J.Geils. Good stuff, though videos seem dated now, it was huge.
Anyone know if they got the money or did the band get stiffed by the manager as usual. That video clip says the one album 70 weeks in the charts? damn that should be some $$$. # 1 for Centerfold single 6 weeks.

After Seeing Led Zepp in Cincinnati in 1977 (Before the Who tragedy), I swore to my buddies I was DONE with concerts! There was a mass of humanity scrambling to the one set of open doors at Riverfront Coloseum, and it was MAD! Festival seating was cool if you didn't mind fighting your way in for a good spot up close on the floor. Drenched in sweat and nearly beaten by security trying to get my ticket out of my pocket at the gate, and after seeing a fabulous concert, i thought I'm DONE!

Then, two weeks later one of my friends urged me to go to Dayton for Johnny Winters at Hara Arena. I convinced my self a smaller venue may be OK, and hey, it's fuckin' Johnny Winters! I forget who opened, but in those days there were three bands on the bill and J Geils was second, before Johnny. Their set was phenominal! What a great boogie band, party band! Really dug the show and glad I went. There were lots of issues with the front of house PA that night, like someone was riding the master fader up and down, and generally not great sound. But the party atmosphere and ass kikking R&R and Johnny's blues picking made the night a success. J Geils Rocks(ed) HARD! RIP J Geils!

RIP J. Saw them on May 13, 1973 (class trip!!) Opening act: Frampton's Camel (yes, that Frampton!)
The apartment I lived in outside Kenmore Square in Boston (78-80) was the same one that J, Peter Wolf and others in the band had lived in back before they made a name for themselves. (We were told this by the old man who lived in the apartment below us, and had been there for 20 years).

Correction - it was J Geils, Magic Dick and Danny Klein who lived there. A guy named Rich on the acousticguitarforum confirmed it.

Yeah...just a few hours ago...totally unexpected, I mean, no mention of any kind of illness or health issues.

They're dropping like flies... :(

Alan Holdsworth seems to be dead as well.

I would see his name pop up every once in a while, but I never knew who he was. Then I saw a line in wikipedia that said he was too technical for the average listener, so I guess that's why....
70 is too young.

Chris Cornell...

Lucky someone died because no-one's been in here all week.

Sad it was Chris Cornell though - the best singer of the grunge era, I thought, in the best band of the grunge era.

Back