The Celebrity Obituary Thread

I would make the same comment about Carole King when her time comes.
I find that amazing, considering that her album Tapestry alone spent 6 years in the Billboard album charts and sold 30 million copies worldwide. Only Dark Side of the Moon and Adele's 21 have been on the charts longer. But, that was almost 50 years ago, and Carole King was never a publicity seeking diva. So, it's probably "out of sight, out of mind".

I find that amazing, considering that her album Tapestry alone spent 6 years in the Billboard album charts and sold 30 million copies worldwide. Only Dark Side of the Moon and Adele's 21 have been on the charts longer. But, that was almost 50 years ago, and Carole King was never a publicity seeking diva. So, it's probably "out of sight, out of mind".
I think that Burt was one of the greatest in the second half of the second 20th century. I can not think of any one else apert from Sir Paul xxx

I got Tapestry xxxx on vinyl xx

Tapestry is on my bucket list xxx

94 !! yikes... Maybe entertainers have more purpose to stay in shape and looks means more to them....plus as someone said "happier in their work" = less stress maybe?
Burt was always sharp, smiling on the piano, great songs Dionne Warwick....94!!!! dang he made it waaaaaaaaay past the average. I always think of him in the Tuxedo like scene and bleached white teeth and he seemed to have white hair for 70 yrs?
Maybe bleach is the key to longevity!?

RIP...thanks for the great tunes!

94 !! yikes... Maybe entertainers have more purpose to stay in shape and looks means more to them....plus as someone said "happier in their work" = less stress maybe?
Burt was always sharp, smiling on the piano, great songs Dionne Warwick....94!!!! dang he made it waaaaaaaaay past the average. I always think of him in the Tuxedo like scene and bleached white teeth and he seemed to have white hair for 70 yrs?
Maybe bleach is the key to longevity!?

RIP...thanks for the great tunes!
Yeah he did well.

So many songs, Burt and Hal went to work every day with Dionne as their session singer. It was a labour of love. Gosh imagine doing a job that you loved?
Hey we need a trumpet solo? Ha ha

The only thing I ever saw her in where I honestly thought she was good was a recurring role in a couple of episodes of CSI Miami and the 3 and 4 Musketeers. She was outstanding in those and I remember as a boy being pretty miffed when Faye Dunaway murdered her ! Trouble is, I always liked Faye too....

I remember seeing 1000000 years BC when I was 10. It was the second feature when I saw "The World's greatest athlete." I wasn't remotely moved by Raquel. But the following year, she was a byword in beauty to boys in my school.
What a difference a year makes.

Back