Camera Freaks, this is your thread!

I haven't started reading about the camera yet, so I am still in 35mm mindset, but is this a reason the camera takes multiple shots? I was going to investigate later, but if I can take a short cut ... ;)

Cameras have multiple exposure capabilities for several reasons. Yes, you can program many SLRs to take multiple photos of a scene, while on a tripod, and automatically change the exposure each time, so you are bracketing to get the right exposure. If you take an exposure unspderexposed, normally exposed, and one overexposed, HDR sofwptware uses all three to make one exposure that has better detail in the highlights and the dark areas of the scene.

Just an example, then I'll shut up lol...

The first one was combined in Photoshop using different exposures and a black and white exposure to get the saturated colors, dynamic range, and darker shadows

image.jpeg

This shot used HDR software to combine several images (5 IIRC, each with a 1 stop difference in exposure).

image.jpeg

I have PS, just never dived in so deep. Thanks for the information, I will be checking this out more.

Thanks rfalcon! Way to take care of things. I've been very fortunate these last bunch of years (including a couple of good friends that are incredible photographers). Some of their chops have rubbed off on me. I really like taking live music shots and occasionally I get a real nice one. Here I was back stage at a Little Feat show at The Wilbur Theater (2015-Jan-13, to be exact). This is Kenny Gradney, their bass player.

IMG_4701.JPG

And then there is this pic of a friend of mine at a charity gig in RI.

Juxo.jpg

I have PS, just never dived in so deep. Thanks for the information, I will be checking this out more.

PSs strong suit are the layers - it's easy to lay one image atop the other, then change the transparency of the top layer to see how it changes what's beneath. Have fun with it.

Back