The Butterfly effect

There was a time when I fancied the whatshisname quote, "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom, for prudence is a rich ugly old maid courted by incapacity"

I'm not sure excess has been my friend, but lord knows i've learned a few things, hopefully. I've definitely learned that a surprizing number of those around me whose cup runneth over with excess got neither rich nor old. I'll be 54 in less than a month, so.....

Somebody told me that 50 through early 50s is a milestone. If you make it past that period you're probably good for another couple decades or so. I don't know if there is any truth to that, but I'm still here. Just between you and me, i've told no one, it's becoming more and more apparent that my kidneys have seen better days. I'll see the doctor next month, too busy right now. By that time i'll be midlin 50s, prognosis might be better. :thumbs up:

(ah, whatshisname --> Blake, Willy)

EKG indicates Left Anterior Fascicular Block(LAFB) and Right Bundle Branch Block(RBBB). 2 of three electrical impulses to heart blocked(Bifascicular Block). Mortality rate = poor. Prone to sudden death. Read a study, 100 patients over 84 months(7 years). 33 died. 66% chance of being here in 7 years? Beats 50/50, i reckon.

No screaming red flags on tests for kidney disease. :thumbs up:

Life goes on, Gents. Carpe diem.

ps: Have discussed (in the meat world) with only a select few. I suppose it is highly unlikely anyone here could possibly let the cat out of the bag, but mums the word. Wife doesn't know, and i'd like to keep it that way. No need to worry her unnecessarily over something which hath no remedy. She's suspicious i'm not being completely honest. I love her very much and do not want her to go through life worried that i'm going to drop dead at any moment. She's a good and sensitive woman. 24 years married this month, 32 together. Erasing google search history, temporarily disable "stay logged in" here, just in case.

Peace

Back