Bubba Watson to paint over Dukes of Hazzard car Confederate flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Clean

AKA Teddy Wong
Is this guy a total moron or what? He's owned the car for 3 years and all of a sudden the Confederate Flag on top offends him? While jumping on the current insanity bandwagon to change the history books and wipe the flag from existence.

He should have his hands chopped off if he goes through with it. It's an iconic car from an old iconic TV Show that should be left as it is.

Confederate flag: Bubba Watson to paint over Dukes of Hazzard car

A TV station the other cancelled it's run of The Dukes Of Hazzard as well. Has the world gone bat shit insane?

Dukes of Hazzard pulled from TV screens amid Confederate flag row

What's next, remove Swastikas from all books, pictures and video regarding WWII?

Historical things should be embraced to show how the civilized world has moved on and evolved, not wiped from history because it might upset a few folk.

good news

next "cull the south"

---------- Update ----------

I heard the queens having to remove her native swastika from buckingham palace, I mean its just remembering history

What's next, remove Swastikas from all books, pictures and video regarding WWII?

Already beat you to that punchline. Well, not really. Even for us it's only banned from video games and things that "endorse violence".

This is one of those things that will blow over eventually. In a year, the flags will still be around and nobody will care.
I wonder if Zakk Wylde will still play his Rebel guitar.

Being a true born-in-the-south southerner, I've never cared one way or the other for the confederate flag. For me it's just a good looking flag. My ancestors weren't even here yet when slavery was happening so all that PC white guilt shit means nothing to me. And to most southerners the flag just means "leave us be". It's not a symbol of hatred. It's a symbol of rebellion. It's a historical artifact from a time when a bunch of states decided they wanted to try to do their own thing their own way. Racism is no more alive in the south today as it is anywhere else. But going back to it meaning nothing to me...well it's starting to now. When a bunch of pussified pc media liberals tell me that it has to come down, well that just makes me want to fly it higher. That's what that flag is about. Don't fucking tell me what to do.

rebel-flag.jpg

Historical things should be embraced to show how the civilized world has moved on and evolved, not wiped from history because it might upset a few folk.

the main problem with this statement is for many in the south it hasnt moved on...it isnt a historic symbol, its a living symbol...the black church attacked is on a street named after a man who fought for slavery, its everywhere in the south...in state flags, on state buildings...removing it from games and books is retarded, but the main reason for this shouldnt be lost to those who want to blame PC liberalism.

Ive never lived in a country so steeped in institutionalised racism...and Ive lived in Australia ;)

Being a true born-in-the-south southerner, I've never cared one way or the other for the confederate flag. For me it's just a good looking flag. My ancestors weren't even here yet when slavery was happening so all that PC white guilt shit means nothing to me. And to most southerners the flag just means "leave us be". It's not a symbol of hatred. It's a symbol of rebellion. It's a historical artifact from a time when a bunch of states decided they wanted to try to do their own thing their own way. Racism is no more alive in the south today as it is anywhere else. But going back to it meaning nothing to me...well it's starting to now. When a bunch of pussified pc media liberals tell me that it has to come down, well that just makes me want to fly it higher. That's what that flag is about. Don't fucking tell me what to do.

rebel-flag.jpg

lol, i rest my case :)

Stepping aside from the racism and what people take the flag to mean or that fly it to mean something, as I don't really care for the history or cultural connotations of the flag.....(not that I don't know the history, I do) That's not what this post was about.

I care about the car!

That car is a piece of art and like Greg said, "It's not a symbol of hatred. It's a symbol of rebellion." Especially on that car. Bo and Luke were rebels.

You wouldn't give da Vinci's Mona Lisa a smile because some people think she looks miserable or put pint glasses in The Last Supper because it didn't really look like a good party. Leave the f'ing car alone.

Stepping aside from the racism and what people take the flag to mean or that fly it to mean something, as I don't really care for the history or cultural connotations of the flag.....(not that I don't know the history, I do) That's not what this post was about.

I care about the car!

That car is a piece of art and like Greg said, "It's not a symbol of hatred. It's a symbol of rebellion." Especially on that car. Bo and Luke were rebels.

You wouldn't give da Vinci's Mona Lisa a smile because some people think she looks miserable or put pint glasses in The Last Supper because it didn't really look like a good party. Leave the f'ing car alone.

Ha, yeah but that car is iconic even without the paint job. That damn TV show ruined a bunch of classic musclecars.

The two are not even remotely analogous. People aren't flying swastikas over state Capitals and on state flags. States aren't honoring the Nazi flag. And nobody has suggested removing the pro-slavery confederate flag from the history books.

Ha, yeah but that car is iconic even without the paint job. That damn TV show ruined a bunch of classic musclecars.

It is yeah, you're right. The '69 Dodge Charger is a beautiful piece of machinery.

I love that car, and the show. (Not so much the film version, that was a bit pants) I grew up with that car. I still have toys and models of that car. To deface it would be a crime.

The ironic thing about this dumb flag controversy is that it has been simmering for decades. No one really cared. No one. Then 9 black folk get shot by a dorky white kid in the social media age where everything is blown out of proportion by bleeding heart white blog writers and the flag must come down!!!

White power really means that nothing gets done until the white people say so.

It is yeah, you're right. The '69 Dodge Charger is a beautiful piece of machinery.

I love that car, and the show. (Not so much the film version, that was a bit pants) I grew up with that car. I still have toys and models of that car. To deface it would be a crime.

During that shows heyday, there were three replicas in my own neighborhood. I used to play in my driveway like any little kid would and one of those dudes would roll by and I'd lose my shit. The fuckin General Lee! I thought it was amazing. Nowadays I'd take a 69 Charger in any color but Orange.

The two are not even remotely analogous. People aren't flying swastikas over state Capitals and on state flags. States aren't honoring the Nazi flag. And nobody has suggested removing the pro-slavery confederate flag from the history books.

I think you missed the sarcastic intention of that part of the post or I never conveyed it very well.

The top of that particular car is neither a State Capital or State Flag, so I don't see the harm it can cause.

I think you missed the sarcastic intention of that part of the post or I never conveyed it very well.

The top of that particular car is neither a State Capital or State Flag, so I don't see the harm it can cause.

ibb is a trust fund white kid paper liberal hypocrite. He has a gay pride flag painted on top of his Prius and he loves the Washington REDSKINS.

During that shows heyday, there were three replicas in my own neighborhood. I used to play in my driveway like any little kid would and one of those dudes would roll by and I'd lose my shit. The fuckin General Lee! I thought it was amazing. Nowadays I'd take a 69 Charger in any color but Orange.

Awesome! I'd love a 69 Charger or a 68 or a 70. I'd take any colour!

I saw one of the original General Lee's on a tour show in the 80's with a load of old iconic TV Show cars. (It may even the one Bubba Donk owns now) It was an awesome sight for my young eyes. Michael Knight's KITT, The A-Team van, the 1960's Batmobile, Big Foot. I got a ride in Big Foot, that was great.

And to most southerners the flag just means "leave us be". It's not a symbol of hatred. It's a symbol of rebellion. It's a historical artifact from a time when a bunch of states decided they wanted to try to do their own thing their own way. Racism is no more alive in the south today as it is anywhere else.

And by "do their own thing their own way" you mean preserve slavery and white supremacy just as the Texas secession document says. Your attempt to gloss over that point is perfectly in sync the South's very own form of holocaust denial.

Attachments

• Texas Secede.jpg
    Texas Secede.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 47
And by "do their own thing their own way" you mean preserve slavery and white supremacy just as the Texas succession document says. Your attempt to gloss over that point is perfectly in sync the South's very own form of holocaust denial.

I really don't care about any of it. Slavery, no slavery, holocaust, north, south, Texas, means nothing to me. I don't deny or endorse any of it. It's just a flag. And if that flag pisses off the fakes like you, then I'm all for that flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back