best music videos

dobro

Spinal Tap, Buena Vista Social Club, The Last Waltz. My favorite music videos. Sure Duke Ellington playing Holland and Talking Heads Stop Making Sense are great. But the first three are the first three. You can write off the last one cuz I'm a hippie and you can write off the first one cuz I'm a goof, but Buena Vista Social club is just astounding. I don't even like Latin music. Well, I didn't till I went to Cuba.

What's your favorite music video?

It's very cool. How did that bass player get over that kick drum? I also like how the bass player catches his bass after he's downed some red wine clumsily. That's how to do it. That's how I do it, anyway.

But I'm talking about whole films, either documentaries or live performances or similar. What's your favorite full-length music video?

Laurie Anderson Home of the Brave- It would surprise me if you haven't seen this one Dobro, it's so up your alley.

Laurie Anderson Home of the Brave- It would surprise me if you haven't seen this one Dobro, it's so up your alley.

Whoa, that looks good. I haven't even heard of Laurie Anderson. Thanks.

Looks like she's completely familiar with David Byrne's stage work.

Edit: Oh, right. Laurie Anderson. Yes, I've heard of her, but never heard her stuff.

Half an hour into it: it's sort of experimental electronica. Some of it works for me, some of it seems a bit self-indulgent.

Last edited:
Whoa, that looks good. I haven't even heard of Laurie Anderson. Thanks.

Looks like she's completely familiar with David Byrne's stage work.

Edit: Oh, right. Laurie Anderson. Yes, I've heard of her, but never heard her stuff.

Half an hour into it: it's sort of experimental electronica. Some of it works for me, some of it seems a bit self-indulgent.

Hm, electronica is not a word I would have used, (and not just because it didn't exist when that movie was made).
Also I've never understood why "self-indulgence" is considered a flaw, or even I guess what it means.

This has been a favorite of mine for a while now. Watches like a short movie, that if you stick it through to the end, kind of gives you a bad case of the feelings. That and I really love the sound of those guitars.

Hm, electronica is not a word I would have used, (and not just because it didn't exist when that movie was made).
Also I've never understood why "self-indulgence" is considered a flaw, or even I guess what it means.

You just went and opened up a big can of worms. Not necessarily a bad thing.

"Throughout 2013 he released a further thirty-one albums, followed by another sixty in 2014."

I bet there are actually one or two people who have listened to all or most of them.

Back