Aussie wants to see US Deep South before Kudzu engulfs it.

My understanding is various states are fighting that vine. The vine is mostly in what I would call the Old South; Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Alabama, Virginas. It is really aggressive.

Yeah, there's a lot of it where I live in Virginia, but for the most part it stays in the woods. I think it's kind of cool honestly! Of course some it does completely cover some buildings, and that looks pretty gross.

It does create quite the dramatic backdrop and with a suitable catapult or ballista, would be great place to hide a body.

As a real life US Southerner, that shit is so common I don't even notice it. It's just part of summertime in the south. No big deal.

Would the correct term be breed or propagate? Plant species are patented, so why not say they're "invented"? :)

Well, it's not unusual for the South to be overrun by stuff from other countries...Usually they just walk across the border.

Oops, would that be considered "political"?

Last edited:
As a real life US Southerner, that shit is so common I don't even notice it. It's just part of summertime in the south. No big deal.
Yeah, it's a ground covering vine. No big deal. There is a lot of it in Mississippi....especially in the transition area where the hills meet the delta. The only bad thing about kudzu is that rattlesnakes love it. I wouldn't go trodding off into some without a machete and a good pair of leather boots

Instead of inventing kudzu the moon shiners should have just invented a plant that gets you drunk when you smoke it. They could have sold it and it would have been legal...for the time being anyway.

Moonshiners must have been pretty sophisticated and utterly brilliant to actually invent plants.
Lol

Back