The Armistice / Muttley Ashes Thread..

Armistice

Son of Yoda
... assuming he returns from wherever he's gone, that is.

Mutts.... so you started OK, but now Starc's having another dig, it's looking a bit ominous.

Thought the bowling was very average right up until Lyons got Cook. Early days....

Here's to a good series :thumbs up:

Well, Haddin's slip proved costly in session 1.
Root has been slashingly good. Luckily it's lunch so, perhaps, he'll eat a bad pastie or something.

Is THIS what the gloats all about?? Cricket??

No... the gloating was about the annual Qld v. NSW State of Origin rugby league series. It's probably the toughest rugby league contest in the world. 3 matches each year. I'm originally from Qld although I've lived in NSW forever, so I'm in enemy territory. Up to 2013 Qld won the series 8 years running, which is sort of impossible, but they did it anyway... it was a good time to be a Queenslander in New South Wales (I just thought that you may not be getting the abbreviations... :D).

Last year NSW won it back. This year it was one match all going into the decider last night, and all the NSW rhetoric was around that this was the start of the next dynasty of dominance from NSW, and that Qld was too old, too slow, not strong enough etc.

Except Qld weren't reading the script and came out and gave NSW the biggest flogging :spank: in the 35 year history of the competition and took the trophy back. It was like 300* to 6 when the final whistle was blown... absolute massacre. Much gnashing of teeth and wailing in NSW this morning... which does my Qld heart a power of good to see... :laughings:

As to why it matters... historically, up until 1985, Qld rugby league was sort of a feeder for NSW rugby league where all the money was... so we'd grow these amazing players and they'd head south and play in NSW and then play for NSW in the annual interstate derby and we were flogged for decades by teams with a healthy percentage of our own damn players. So "State of Origin" was invented. And that's why it matters so much more to Queenslanders than New South Welshmen... especially if you witnessed what happend pre 1985. And why everyone in Qld is smiling today...

A sweet sweet day! :thumbs up:

* perhaps it was 52 - 6.... it was a big number.:D

Last edited:
Not sure if I understand rugby any better but it sure does look like a team in blue just got a good old fashioned ass whoopin' thrown on them. :D

mutt is too butt hurt to post ....
so he's probably lurking now.

Hi mutt!
Put some soothing ointment on your butt and come back soon.
lol

308 all out. Oh dear!

Indeed. First test looks gone... and injury worries to strike bowler. It all turns around so quickly.

I'm sure Mutts will be back before the end of the series. He'll be wanting to gloat at me if it continues this way.:D

Back to cricket...

I know that, despite a couple of billion people in the world following that sport, it's not a mainstream topic in HR, but...

...isn't it turning into an exciting and unexpected match?

It is indeed. It's not impossible for Australia to get 250 more runs but unlikely. I'm willing them on though just for the fun of it. Everyone likes a battler.

Good game :thumbs up:

I watched the 1st session day 1 & the 1st session day 2. From there I knew Australia was going to lose whether England got their act together or not. Seems I was right & that the Poms managed to get them selves sorted as well.
Seems like it may be a good series after all.

Back