Anything happen while I was gone?

notCardio

I walk the line
Been away for a bit.

I just read some of the dead celeb thread and saw the beginnings of yet another pissing match.

So no, nothing's changed.

Who woulda thought that the only thing more polarizing than Trump would be Steely Dan?

BTW, here's MY favorite SD song (most of the time).

YouTube

Hey Bud, you doin' alright?

Yeah, that one has some pretty badass opening guitar licks, Larry Carlton. If memory serves, that one is also one of Sky Blue Lou's favorites. Was that his name? I gots shit for brains this morn.

Speaking of morning: I'm drinking less and sleeping more, sometimes. I switched CPAP masks. I don't wear the one that fits over the nose anymore. I wear one that has 2 booger catchers that sort of plug into me nostrils. Alot better, maybe you should give it a try. The wife ordered it online, not sure of the cost. I could ask if you're interested.

I thought, overall, the Steely Dan discussion went fairly well, maybe a hiccup or two. What's a low-blow or two between friends. I've been trying from time to time to create some activity in Prime Time, with limited success. I guess a lot folks just aren't interested. I know it is an obit thread, but I would have liked to hear opinions from more people on Steely Dan, particularly some of the old guard. EZ Willy, Super Crap, VomitHatSteve, GeckoZZed, etc etc...anybody but SirAsshat, that guy is a total dick. Whether or not you can stand to listen to Steely Dan probably maybe says a lot about one's level and ability for music appreciation. Can you be a big Punk fan and also dig some Steely Dan? Some say, apparently, you can't dig Steely Dan and Molly Hatchet.

Anyway, where you been, and what was on the menu? What's bail going for these days? :D

I love Steely Dan, but I also love southern boogie, so yes, I also like Molly Hatchet. Probably my two favorite bands of all time are Steely Dan and early Allman Brothers. Go figure.

That's the kind of mask I (used to) use. Still had a hard time keeping my mouth closed, and I'd knock it loose when I was on my side. Still got to get back on the horse, though.

Eh, nothing dramatic, just the usual continual life suckage. Every day is pretty much just a worse version of the day before. I detect a pattern here.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what else I can try to get out of this nonstop whole-body pain. Even low strength opiates don't do the trick anymore, so I see how that's going to go.

If I could just afford to start off every day with a chiropractor and a full body massage, that would help.

I don't know if you're gone, back, or back and gone again. But just in case you are gone again, come back and wonder what you missed....

I won't say he is "butthurt", but i'm pretty sure EZwilly is really really pissed off at me. We was, like, joking around and stuff, then all of a sudden he gets all angry that friends can be all mean and whatnot, and says he is going to deactivate his account, or something. I had no idea he was so sensitive! Now I feel bad.

Is there a box-o-chocolates and big-ass-bouquet-of-roses emoji i could send him? I'm sorry EZwilly! :(

Um, can vegenatarians even eat chocolate? Dang, I think maybe I done done it again. :rolleyes:

I don't know if you're gone, back, or back and gone again. But just in case you are gone again, come back and wonder what you missed....

I won't say he is "butthurt", but i'm pretty sure EZwilly is really really pissed off at me. We was, like, joking around and stuff, then all of a sudden he gets all angry that friends can be all mean and whatnot, and says he is going to deactivate his account, or something. I had no idea he was so sensitive! Now I feel bad.

Is there a box-o-chocolates and big-ass-bouquet-of-roses emoji i could send him? I'm sorry EZwilly! :(

Um, can vegenatarians even eat chocolate? Dang, I think maybe I done done it again. :rolleyes:

Take your trolling somewhere else.

You're being childish. Just let it go.

I do have to say, though, I didn't realize you were so sensitive. You know you were trolling in the obit thread, I know you were trolling, anybody with eyes to see knows you were trolling. I'm not going to sweat it terribly. But honesty is important, especially being honest to ourselves. So you were not being honest with yourself when you said...

"I'm too fucking old to troll and if I weren't this is the last place I'd be doing it so we can get that out of the way."

You're too fucking old to be lying to yourself. I'm here to help. Now be a big boy and dry your tears. If you want to troll in the future, have at it. But don't be a dick, keep it out of the obit thread, friend.

You're being childish. Just let it go.

I do have to say, though, I didn't realize you were so sensitive. You know you were trolling in the obit thread, I know you were trolling, anybody with eyes to see knows you were trolling. I'm not going to sweat it terribly. But honesty is important, especially being honest to ourselves. So you were not being honest with yourself when you said...

"I'm too fucking old to troll and if I weren't this is the last place I'd be doing it so we can get that out of the way."

You're too fucking old to be lying to yourself. I'm here to help. Now be a big boy and dry your tears. If you want to troll in the future, have at it. But don't be a dick, keep it out of the obit thread, friend.

It HAD to go in the obit thread for the joke to work. You ate raw chicken. Hence the R.I.P.. Not trolling, you dick. It was a fucking joke. You're being the sensitive crybaby.

---------- Update ----------

waaaaah, ez posted something in the wrong thread. waaaaahhhhh. He's trolling me. boohooo!

Yeah, the difference, I never claimed some bullshit holier than thou line about being too mature to troll.

But honestly, relax. You're taking this all way too seriously.
That's the thing. I wasn't trolling. I was making a joke. You recognize the difference, right? Between trolling someone and a joke? I made a joke about you eating raw chicken and you have trolled me since then. See the difference?

I don't think it is that serious of a matter. But if you want to talk it out, we'll talk it out. This is silly, anyway...

I know enough about the innernetz, and the remnants of the cave mentality, if I put personal shit out there, I am setting myself up as a target for lulz. Other people made jokes concerning rumours of my impending demise. I didn't sweat it, get pissed, or lash out. I have the ability to take things that don't really matter not too seriously, and to laugh at myself. I'm kind of laughing at us both right now, and not necessarily in a good way, because this is so silly. It's embarrassing that I have to talk you off the ledge. But I do it because I love you, brother.

You made an effort to troll me, by making a joke. I trolled you back, with obvious success. Now you're all bent out of shape about it. Don't be. It is not that big of a deal that you got bested at your own game. Do better next time.

update!....har har

The obit thread is probably not the most appropriate place to troll. ymmv

I will say this, since you've successfully trolled me into looking at serious aspects of this bullshit.

There has been a long standing rule around here. There is and should be an unspoken rule that anybody who isn't a dick can comprehend and honor.

You don't bring family into shit. Family is off limits. On several occasions within the last couple of months you've made reference to "your wife", "his wife", including your "joke" in the obit thread. And your "joke" had less to do with chicken or RIP, and much more to do with questioning who would or would not miss me when I was gone, including my wife. You were trolling, but your pride won't let you admit or even recognize it to be honest with yourself.

Now you've been trolled, the honest way. You're upset and want revenge. You want war, motherfucker? :mad:

I'm just kidding! Just quit being a crybaby. Be a man, apologize and i'll let it go. :D

Bedding Taylor Swift
Every night inside the Oculus Rift
After mister and the missus finish dinner and the dishes
And now the future's definition is so much higher than it was last year
It's like the images have all become real
And someone's living my life for me out in the mirror

No, can you believe how far we've come
In the New Age?
Freedom to have what you want
In the New Age we'll all be entertained
Rich or poor, the channels are all the same
You're a star now, baby, so dry your tears