anyone else having Windows 10 issues?

the MDSCHED.EXE said hardware....so I took out 1 of the 2 ram sticks after your post, why not?
.....still error.

Put in the other stick and took out the other one and it worked!
one bad PNY memory stick, of 8Gig.
ran the MDSCHED.EXE and no errors.
thanks for the inputs again..... Im glad it wasnt the hard drive. just a memory stick much less hassle.

Ran Reaper for 5hrs no issues.

Fucking NICE! :D

the MDSCHED.EXE said hardware....so I took out 1 of the 2 ram sticks after your post, why not?
.....still error.

Put in the other stick and took out the other one and it worked!
one bad PNY memory stick, of 8Gig.
ran the MDSCHED.EXE and no errors.
thanks for the inputs again..... Im glad it wasnt the hard drive. just a memory stick much less hassle.

Ran Reaper for 5hrs no issues.

Woohoo! :D

heck yeah..!!!.. almost 24hrs no crashes...and it runs ok on 8gig, so the extra stickl can be added later.
yeah I was looking at towers for $350, pc for $569....arrrrgg...or a all in one or all that.
forced me to get off my arse and backup the photos and music files too.

all my reaper is working great now, interesting how the Memory stick ruined the Reaper tracks and plugs.

Last edited:
One of my most frustrating computer problems turned out to be a memory stick. It was in a Dell laptop. I replaced the HD and reloaded WinXP only to find it kept doing the same thing. I eventually did what you did and took out one stick at a time. Bingo, cured.

Im getting freeze issues with Windows 10 updates.

My pc sits all day but when I get on its frozen and power down and up required. Windows 10 Updates.

Microsoft has a sfc /scannow thing to run...very very very slow. Then try to run the repair but it warns "save everything!"

Im seriously thinking of going Apple.....7 was ok, then 8 sucked and 10 is like giving your house key to Microsoft so they can do whatever they want when they want with your pc.

I know I swore I was taking this pc off the internet and cutoff Microsoft Update but...old habits die hard.:rolleyes:

Anyone else ran this?
System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & - Microsoft Community

Im getting freeze issues with Windows 10 updates...

I leave mine on 24/7, so it's sleeping mostly. Haven't had it freeze on wake-up.

My last update was 5-14 .. That one was particularly long and required several restarts - took about 20 min. Prior to that, they were fairly
quick.. about 10 min with 1 restart.

This last update, my system seemed to go into sleep mode for nearly 5 min before one of the restarts. I thought it crashed, but it was ok.

I've never run SFC. When it warns of possible losses, I tend to shy away from these things unless it's absolutely necessary.

I know I swore I was taking this pc off the internet and cutoff Microsoft Update but...old habits die hard.:rolleyes:

I swear that a lot too :) I really don't like this Microsoft Cloud business - don't like the idea of everything on my PC being in someone else's, so I keep it turned off. I started checking out Mac Minis (can't afford the biggies) and found similar complaints across the board, plus slower processors. So.. here I am still on my PC.

well I recently had the memory stick go bad, I wonder if the other one is bad? or is it a mother board thing?

my sfc scan came out clean. its a hp i3....i just got a i5 system for $120....i suppose I can hook that up and see if its freezing.

as for the cloud I dont know. here is a example of swapping to a new pc and the "lose everything" syndrome.
my plan was to sell this i5 with a interface and monitors as a "studio" for like $500. ...but maybe Ill keep it.
or go buy a brand new ram stick?

coincidence though with Window 10 mandatory upgrades auto-time?
I could run another test this weekend with No WiFi.....

thanks for the inputs

well I recently had the memory stick go bad, I wonder if the other one is bad? or is it a mother board thing?

my sfc scan came out clean. its a hp i3....i just got a i5 system for $120....i suppose I can hook that up and see if its freezing.

as for the cloud I dont know. here is a example of swapping to a new pc and the "lose everything" syndrome.
my plan was to sell this i5 with a interface and monitors as a "studio" for like $500. ...but maybe Ill keep it.
or go buy a brand new ram stick?

coincidence though with Window 10 mandatory upgrades auto-time?
I could run another test this weekend with No WiFi.....

thanks for the inputs

Unless you are adding ram, don't ever buy new cards if one fails. As far as I know, they are all free to replace for life from manufacturers. At least that has been my experience.

Run MemTest86 from this link. This is the good one without virus. LINK

I looked that up...your right?

PNY memory stick...PNY site...
If the Memory module is defective in any way we will gladly exchange it for you, please contact technical support at 1-800-234-4597 to obtain an RMA (Return Material Authorization) Number.
***NOTE: No returns will be processed without an RMA number.

I never knew this.

just to update this I went into the software sleep/energy saver etc...and reset everything again and no issues since.
I also changed the screensaver and the time when Windows can take over and update my pc...because well basically they gave me 10 and mandatory updates is included. In all fairness though they dont mess with my Recording drivers...so Im pretty happy with that.

Ahh.. Windows 10...

Last night I discovered yet another wiggy item : all of a sudden, right out of the blue, my PC wasn't going into sleep mode when idled.

Last year I went to great lengths to adjust every possible variable in order to get my PC to nod off, taking my interface with it. I also
did this for my screen display, which is another procedure, and can be confused with the PC sleep procedure. Everything has been working fine,
until yesterday. After breakfast this morning, I reviewed all of my previous settings and found them to be exactly as I'd left them last year -
so why the insomnia..?

My last update was slightly over 1 month ago, and I know my PC's been sleeping since then, so it's not an immediate effect of an update - unless
it was some kind of time bomb that just fired up yesterday. Anyway though, I had to go back through my settings and go even deeper than before
to toggle off a little switch which was not allowing my PC to enter sleep mode.

I did a restart after, just to be sure it took.

Here's the procedure if you need it :

Windows 10: PC Won’t Go to Sleep Mode

Why would you want your computer to 'sleep'? Heard nothing but issues with people's audio interfaces when they allow it to do so. Not going to use it for a while, turn it off. And there is a way to turn off the automatic Win 10 updates, it's just sneaky to get into.

When the PC is turned off, it disengages the Tascam US2x2 audio driver - no audio on boot until I click through the activation pop-ups.
Also, it takes several minutes to fully boot up to where those pop-ups are presented.

When sleeping, I just touch any key and everything lights up fully booted, ready to go in about 3 seconds. The audio driver has not been deactivated.

I'm not experiencing interface problems, and it's a nice timesaver.

To be honest, Pinky, I'm not sure why you're so upset; Upset enough to privately tell me to piss off and call me an asshole?...

...but I'd ask you not to privately, or publicly, insult people in future.

Are you suggesting it's assumed that you're an asshole? Why else would I not be permitted to point that out?

Perhaps just change your title to honorary asshole. Otherwise expect the occasional reminder.

Are you suggesting it's assumed that you're an asshole? Why else would I not be permitted to point that out?

Perhaps just change your title to honorary asshole. Otherwise expect the occasional reminder.

Alright, what's going on here...?

I am occasionally an asshole. Well, I surely come across as one sometimes. I don't mind being called out when I am wrong, but I never judge another member in a way that disrespects or give a suggestion of a new name.

That seems like political bullshit that should not be something we need here. We are all trying to help each other out when we can.

And wasn't this like two months ago? That is so 80's.... lol

Chill and cheers! :)

Last edited:
When the PC is turned off, it disengages the Tascam US2x2 audio driver - no audio on boot until I click through the activation pop-ups.
Also, it takes several minutes to fully boot up to where those pop-ups are presented.

When sleeping, I just touch any key and everything lights up fully booted, ready to go in about 3 seconds. The audio driver has not been deactivated.

I'm not experiencing interface problems, and it's a nice timesaver.

I started doing this again for a month or so. Since my powersupply burnt out by selecting NEVER in the power options.
Went back to the "standard default, sleep option", and so far no issues either.

I do find less software freezes by turning off my wifi when idle- but this default works fine and as you mention , just tap the space bar and it ramps up pretty well.

Back