Anthrax and Volbeat.

ShanPeyton

Do i? Or Don't i?

They are going to be passing through my neighborhood in may and i want to see Anthrax. Mostly because

A: It is rare to get Acts like that come this far north.
B: Last time i could have seen Anthrax i got grounded and had to get rid of my tickets becasue i got a shitty score on a math exam.

But i i'd probably leave for Volbeat. they Don't really do anything for me. My wife loves them. I dunno.

Decisions Decisions haha. Has anyone else caught them on this tour?

If you like old school metal/thrash or whatever it was called back in the day, Anthrax is amazing live. I have seen them 4 or 5 times 15+ years ago.

My wife also loves Volbeat... From what I have seen online, they are also good live if you like that type of thing...

In either case, it will not be the drummer that makes you hate/like the bands. That I am sure of.

HAHA. Good to know. I am still hmming and hawwing over buying tickets. I think i"ll probably end up going.

Do it because you love your wife. Or, if this is a case where you don't - get seats on the floor and leave her in the mosh pit. lol!

AHAHAHAHA I did that to her once at a Social Distortion show. She was not impressed. At All.

Hey i see your PC uses an i7 2600 CPU. How did that hold up for you? I literally just bought a PC last night that has one of those in it. Second Hand of course. But the seller let me demo it and he ripped it all apart to show me he didn't steal any parts so i figured it has got to be better than my P4 laptop and my AMD Desktop from 2001.

Excited to get it up and running.

AHAHAHAHA I did that to her once at a Social Distortion show. She was not impressed. At All.

Hey i see your PC uses an i7 2600 CPU. How did that hold up for you? I literally just bought a PC last night that has one of those in it. Second Hand of course. But the seller let me demo it and he ripped it all apart to show me he didn't steal any parts so i figured it has got to be better than my P4 laptop and my AMD Desktop from 2001.

Excited to get it up and running.

Oh, I bet not. lol!

It still works as expected. I don't use a bunch of VSTi's. Just for amp sims at times.

I can have a full mix of 40+tracks with countless VST effects and still monitor through my DAW with less than 7ms latency with my current interface.

As far as I know, it don't get much better than that. I am just happy it all works! :)

Oh, I bet not. lol!

It still works as expected. I don't use a bunch of VSTi's. Just for amp sims at times.

I can have a full mix of 40+tracks with countless VST effects and still monitor through my DAW with less than 7ms latency with my current interface.

As far as I know, it don't get much better than that. I am just happy it all works! :)

DANG! Are you serious? I hope i have that good furtune. I bought a second HP Pavillion, it had that i7 processor and loaded with a decnt amount of ram. I think my only hang up is the motherboard is probably not the best. But I got lucky and the guy i bought it off was a light PC user and he babied it. So i have a few modifications i want to do to it SSD for OS and HDD for my audio files, but other than that i think i'll be happy. ANYTHING will be better than the antiquated contraptions i have been using for the last handful of years!

Nice! :)

I just have two 1TB HDD's in Raid1 for OS. Internal and external HDD's for audio. And a ATI Radeon 5450 video card or something like that so I can run 3 monitors.

Make sure to set that thing up for audio recording performance and create a shortcut to disable LAN.

I'll send you a link when I know what OS you using.

I just have two 1TB HDD's in Raid1 for OS. Internal and external HDD's for audio. And a ATI Radeon 5450 video card or something like that so I can run 3 monitors.

Make sure to set that thing up for audio recording performance and create a shortcut to disable LAN.

I'll send you a link when I know what OS you using.

I don't even know what RAID1 is haha. Should I? I will be using Windows 7 Home Premium. I was reluctant to goto Windows 8. I could have got an i5 model HP desktop from the same guy with windows 8 on it for 50 bucks less but i think i made the wiser choice. I think.

W7 for me.

Raid1 just uses 2 Drives running simultaneously for OS and programs. If one fails, you just copy to another and keep programs installed. I had a bad experience once that took 25+hours to reinstall all my software...

You sir, are a gentleman in the school yard. I thank you for that!!!

I will read up on this Raid business it sounds like it might be a no brainier. I probably won't order my new hard drives until the weekend so that gives me all week to research the stuff. I am hoping to do this all myself. But when i hear stuff like BIOS and disk images it makes me think i may just make a meal for a friend and let him do it.

You sir, are a gentleman in the school yard. I thank you for that!!!

I will read up on this Raid business it sounds like it might be a no brainier. I probably won't order my new hard drives until the weekend so that gives me all week to research the stuff. I am hoping to do this all myself. But when i hear stuff like BIOS and disk images it makes me think i may just make a meal for a friend and let him do it.

:)

Jimmy, i was up till the wee hours last night tweaking and installing stuff on the new PC.

Wow.

I used a pretty complex project as a rough benchmark, when i opened it on the old computer it took +/- 4:30mins to open. On the new to me computer, i couldn't get my finger to hit the timer on my phone app fast enough. My wife may be putting up missing posters around town. I am not crawling out of my basement at all this weekend.

Jimmy, i was up till the wee hours last night tweaking and installing stuff on the new PC.

Wow.

I used a pretty complex project as a rough benchmark, when i opened it on the old computer it took +/- 4:30mins to open. On the new to me computer, i couldn't get my finger to hit the timer on my phone app fast enough. My wife may be putting up missing posters around town. I am not crawling out of my basement at all this weekend.

Back