Another new retro gaming build.

Guitargodgt

So this is my side hobby I guess. I showed off the SNES build, here is an arcade build. I plan to do another for my father but we are ditching the marquee and screen in favor of a table design that will go in front of his downstairs TV.

Player 1 button acts as coin insert for arcade games, player two button is start for p1 and p2. Eventually I would like to get a couple yellow buttons and swap that out so it makes more sense. When playing NES/SNES they act as select and start.

The brain is the same as the SNES I built, it's a raspberry pi 3 computer running retropie. I used the petrockblog control block hardware on top to connect all the controls. There was room for another 4 buttons (2 more acade buttons and whatever A/B is used for, tbh I don't know enough about it to really know what's up).

IMG_3317_zpsdge4xcoo.jpg

So this is my side hobby I guess. I showed off the SNES build, here is an arcade build. I plan to do another for my father but we are ditching the marquee and screen in favor of a table design that will go in front of his downstairs TV.

Player 1 button acts as coin insert for arcade games, player two button is start for p1 and p2. Eventually I would like to get a couple yellow buttons and swap that out so it makes more sense. When playing NES/SNES they act as select and start.

The brain is the same as the SNES I built, it's a raspberry pi 3 computer running retropie. I used the petrockblog control block hardware on top to connect all the controls. There was room for another 4 buttons (2 more acade buttons and whatever A/B is used for, tbh I don't know enough about it to really know what's up).

IMG_3317_zpsdge4xcoo.jpg

I like this alot. Nes, and snes were the best. Atari was not very good.

When I was about 4 or 5 I inherited my uncle's Intellivision rig....that thing was awesome. Horrific controllers and such, but I loved it anyways.

When I was about 4 or 5 I inherited my uncle's Intellivision rig....that thing was awesome. Horrific controllers and such, but I loved it anyways.

I felt like the quality of video games wen't way up when Nintendo introduced the nes.

Back