The American Dream

TAE

All you have is now
It has been my observation here in Cali that the Asian immigrants we have here are amazingly hard working entrepreneurs. I personally know dozens of rags to riches stories.....and I mean seriously rich..mega millionaires. Men and women that came here with nothing but saw that unlike the communist countries they came from, they had the freedom to own a business and make money.

In recent years Siracha has become a HUGE thing...I mean there is Siracha everything...

Cool video on the Vietnamese immigrant owner....This factory is about 3 miles from my shack in Covina.

Sadly it seems the education and social systems here in the U.S. seems to propagate an unrealistic expectation of entitlement...............apathy, lemming like followers ........ if it doesn't come easy it's because "the man" is trying to keep us down...

These immigrants still clearly see America is STILL the land of opportunity and the best game going for trying to make something of yourself.

Last edited:
The first generation of Vietnamese migrants to Australia run small businesses - dry cleaners, cheap restaurants, contract trades. Their children are all doctors and lawyers and business analysts. Poverty to professional employment in one generation. Having arrived with nothing, and no English, they won't allow their children to end up in minimum wage jobs. It ain't just the US, and in oarticular, Asian second gen kids are knocking it out of the park everywhere. Mad work ethic.

Its probably not quite as clear cut as that 'cos when you're not part of the community you see more of the successes that are well known.

When I was in uni the Indian and Pakistani guys (didn't know my Chinese or Vietnamese) were all super bright and motivated, like Armistice said, kids of shop keepers with a serious work ethic...

The boxing club I used to train at was in the typical shitty area of town where all boxing clubs were. Most of the Asian kids there weren't doing fuck all except hanging around playing video games and working in the local takeaway...

yeah the rags to riches are what they are. mits amazing stuff when it happens.
maybe our nation can allow more freedom?
maybe we get comfortable and sit around on forums talking about it while some are actually working their ass off to make a better life.

whats the percentage of riches from rags to immigrant junkies and gang members?

my aunt helped a bunch of laos families move here, she was slight wealthy, not Bill Gates wealthy but she helped 14 families or something.
she said the helping US handouts were huge and it does help them get on their feet and there are a lot of things the system will handout if you put in the effort to figure out the handout system too (be smart and learn the American Handout system).

so then many of them, made things happen and did really well, not all of them. they have drunks and lazy folk too in the familys.
my aunts aging brother, born in the US, became ill and didnt get much help from the US system, lost everything, and this tainted her after years of seeing handouts for others, but not "our own". So she dumped the cause and stopped bothering with it all.

she ended up losing her money due to a broker who had invested about all of it in World Com and Enron...but thats another thread.

The first generation of Vietnamese migrants to Australia run small businesses - dry cleaners, cheap restaurants, contract trades. Their children are all doctors and lawyers and business analysts. Poverty to professional employment in one generation. Having arrived with nothing, and no English, they won't allow their children to end up in minimum wage jobs. It ain't just the US, and in oarticular, Asian second gen kids are knocking it out of the park everywhere. Mad work ethic.

Actually it stared in Fremantle with Italian migrants in the 50's and 60's, same thing, little English, no money, hard working, and their children and grand children are hard working as well. And we have the best Cafes and coffee LOL.

Alan.

what is this?
Istanbul%20Grill%20House%20Front%20Picture.jpg

"Takeaway" has negative connotations, doesn't it?

We yanks prefer "takeout".

We don't takeaway from a restaurant or eatery, that would be wrong, possibly illegal. We purchase food and take it out the door rather than eat it inside. Besides, fewer syllables and easier to say. Maybe we're just lazy. "Takeaway" sounds to require a bit more effort, like maybe must have a little skip in your step and cheeky attitude for proper execution. Just walk in and you'll be out in a flash. We're just hungry, no need to make a big deal of it.

I'm not sure what it is exactly that is lacking in the mind set of most "Born in the USA" types but there definitely is a disparity in the ratio of natives vs immigrants that kick it in the ass and make something of themselves.

It may be as simple as my ""A" Personalities ( movers and shakers ) made America the amazing country it is" theory. It isn't documented and I've never read a study on it but this is my theory. Start with the Native Americans and think of what kind of crazy asses would trek from Asia all the way to the tip of Chile / Argentina over a few thousand years? "A" personalities. What kind of knuckle heads would risk everything and sit on a fricking boat from Europe to the U.S. for several weeks by Sail to go to a place with no job and where they spoke a different language?....crazy ass "A" personalities. The one ethnic group that did not come of their own free will and thus a more mixed "personality type" gene pool were the slaves from Africa....But even those people were a hybrid of the African population. Only the biggest , strongest and healthiest were chosen to go and suffering through that heinous voyage here, generally only the best of the best made it.

America is a melting pot of people who had balls and passion....driven people who were willing to take risk and work their asses off to make a better life for themselves and their families. Those people melded together invented and created a plethora of game changing things in our world from harnessing electricity, the television, the internet, Windows, iPads and shudder Facebook :eek:. Bring a shit load of mover and shakers together and mix em up in a country that allows "free enterprise and you get what we have accomplished.

That said...there is a Communist type phenomenon going on that fosters a feeling of entitlement, a fantasy Utopia where every body gets everything. The lazy ass loser that sits on his ass picking his nose should have all the same benefits as the dude working two jobs to make shit happen.

So anyway back to the possible answer as to why I see so many more Asians getting the win these days over the natives. The ratio of "A" personalities is just much higher in the immigrant group ...maybe it's that simple.

Last edited:
Outside the take-away, Saturday night
A bald adolescent, asks me out for a fight
He was no bigger than a two-penny fart
He was a deft exponent of the martial art
He gave me three warnings:
Trod on me toes, stuck his fingers in my eyes
And kicked me in the nose
A rabbit punch made me eyes explode
My head went dead, I fell in the road

I pleaded for mercy
I wriggled on the ground
He kicked me in the balls
And said something profound
Gave my face the millimetre tread
Stole me chop suey and left me for dead

Through rivers of blood and splintered bone
I crawled half a mile to the public telephone
Pulled the corpse out the call box, held back the bile
And with a broken index finger, I proceeded to dial

I couldn't get an ambulance
The phone was screwed
The receiver fell in half
It had been kung fu'd

A black belt karate cop opened up the door
Demanding information about the stiff on the floor
He looked like an extra from Yang Shang Po
He said "What's all this then
Ah so, ah so, ah so."
He wore a bamboo mask
He was gen'ned on zen
He finished his devotions and he beat me up again

Thanks to that embryonic Bruce Lee
I'm a shadow of the person that I used to be
I can't go back to Salford
The cops have got me marked
Enter the Dragon
Exit Johnny Clarke

Get it?

elevator......elevate-or

"Lift" is not accurately and fully descriptive. You see, we have it covered, elevate-or (descend). However it would be ridiculous to say the elevate or descend. So, being very intelligent and thrifty wordage wise, we yanks simply say elevator.

Get it? I made a very clever funny. :thumbs up:

parrots eat 'em all, anyone? :facepalm:

You Brits should call it "the up-n-down", sounds quite Brit-ish. "Pardon me Sir, would you be so good as to direct me to the up-n-down? Jolly good. Pip pip."

Back