AI meets telemarketing

TAE

All you have is now
Wow...I just got a call from Holiday cruise lines and it's scary..

It starts off saying hi to me and that because I travel a lot I might be interested in discount rates blah blah blah..

I start to think this sounds too canned even though it was very life like...so when the pitch stops I decide to check and see if it's a real person..

I ask ..I'm sorry what is your name again?...silence for a few seconds ..then My name is Jennifer... I go ..Oh wow you must repeat this pitch so much you almost sounded like a computer..

silence.....Are you a computer?...silence...a few seconds..in a kind of laughing response ...No I'm a real person...Then I decide to throw one more curve..

Where are you calling from?....silence..a few seconds ...and I guess I tripped it up because it went off on its original speel again.... damn really good AI software..this shit is getting crazy good..

Now Siri is really handy but far from perfect...this was definitely a few notches up...I think we're in for some weird times ahead "technologically speaking" (pun intended).

Dude, I just got that same call yesterday. "Jennifer" was "her" name, too. I told it to fuck off, hung up and blocked the number...now it's just creepy. :eek:

-------------------

Are we in the matrix? :D

This is old technology. I've been getting calls like that for the past several years.

Cheers! :)

Nah Ghost...I know what your are speaking of and this isn't it...We've gotten hundreds of automated calls but never ones that paused and then answered questions ...with personality no less.. kind of in a laughing way "No,..."chuckle" I'm a human....this was very sophisticated...and worrisome as it evolves :eek:

"Tom with Home Protection" has been doing this for years. It's the male version of that same kind of automated system. It's a big auto-dialer scam/spam thing that generates leads for ADT and other home security systems (violating many state and federal laws in the process). There was a big hubbub about it a few years ago, but I haven't heard anything about it lately. I think that the company behind it finally got cornered and obliterated. But they just relocate to a different state, set up a new shop, and continue the same shitty practices.

I never answer unfamiliar numbers anyways. I figure that if it's important, they'll leave a message. And the spammers never do. I Google a lot of phone numbers lately, and usually sites like 800notes.com confirm that it's a telemarketer about 99% of the time. Sometimes it's a legit call letting me know that I forgot to pay a bill.

"
I never answer unfamiliar numbers anyways.

Unfortunately it's on my business cell and I'm in sales... I deal with a lot of people from all over so I really don't want to miss a sales opportunity by not answering the phone.
What really sucks is with VOIP I get calls from other countries and it looks like they are calling from a U.S. number..

Creepy [ next time ask her about sex stuff]
I literally just got a call from another one, this time it was "Samantha." I said, in the dirtiest sex-offenderish voice I could muster: "hey girl, damn, I wish I could see your tits. When you get off work? Maybe we could get off so I could see that ass in those jeans" and it politely replied "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I will remove you from our list." :laughings:

Thank you for calling Verizon. Your call is very important to us, which is why we spared no expense in setting up a system that minimizes to a degree only possible through the magic of modern science your ability to speak to an accountable human representative. Please hold for a very long time.

Para instrucciones en Espanol, marque el numero dos.

:click:

:silence:

Back