8 days a week

TAE

All you have is now
Walking the streets on Encinitas yesterday afternoon and came across a 40's style theater "La Paloma" screening the new Ron Howard documentary of the Beatles touring years...timing was right so me n my wife went in and watched it......An excellent look into the phenomenon that was the Beatles....They did an awesome job of dubbing the music where needed... a lot of insight into what it was like on the performing side and some great Beatles trivia....A must see for Beatles fans...

The energy, the magic that they pulled off in those first years was incredible.

Sadly, If you are familiar with the Beatles, these days, you are showing your age.
old fart music now.

Sadly, If you are familiar with the Beatles, these days, you are showing your age.
old fart music now.

How does one hide their age? ;) I know a damn good drummer who has toured with Tower of Power....He was so hung up about it he would never reveal his age...like not revealing it made him younger, hipper / cooler....lame

Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby was old fart music when I was a teenager...So yeah I can see where the Beatles can be viewed as such.

I wouldn't have gone out and bought a Frank or Bing album when I was a teen or younger adult but I definitely liked a few of their songs and recognized their value as entertainers.

The Beatles were more than that and that is not because I am a fan but because of the sheer statistics they created in their tiny window of existence. They were at the right place, at the right time and got to be part of an entertainment phenomenon the world has never seen before or will ever see again in terms of entertainment greatness. The energy and magic they exuded when they were "fab" was like nothing ever before. :eek:

BTW though the audience at the theatre was definitely @ 70% geriatric...The other 30% were teens and people definitely of the pre grey hair / balding group

Last edited:
old fart music now.

I find watching any music documentary fascinating, young, old, even music I may not like that much but I still am interested on how the bands work.

Old fart indeed.

Alan

Back