Yes

SeaGtGruff

I'm not sure if this is the right sub-form for this.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else has been watching the live concert of Yes on Yahoo? I'm a Yes fan from long ago, although I haven't kept up with them in later years. Upon tuning into the streaming concert, I've gone through several reactions:

(1) Dang, they've gotten old! (Like I haven't.)

(2) Hmm, they're playing a bit slower than they used to. (See number 1.)

(3) Wow, that younger guy is doing a fantastic job of channeling Jon Anderson! (It actually took me a little while to realize it wasn't Jon Anderson.)

(4) Shoot, I wish I could play as good at any age as they're playing at their age. :)

I love the story of Yes, how they had so many different line-ups, how every time they recorded an album someone would leave and they would tour with a new member. I did see them a few years ago with a pretty standard lineup, they managed to have Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe, Chris Square and Alan White all together.

Alan

I hope they've been given some sensible dress advice and are wearing age-appropriate clothing these days...

(5) I also noticed the mix was way off at the beginning and the bass was needing a lot of pluck on the strings to get heard. Drums sounded pretty good though.

Met Chris Squire once signing autographs. Not only is he tall & pretty big, he's got freakin' meathooks for hands! HUGE!

Back