New Behringer Digital Mixer - with no mixer

I was born in the wrong era!

All these exciting new things are happening just as I am progressively doing less live mixing. I needed to have all this about twenty years ago, when I was young and enthusiastic.

That is a pretty cool concept. Mixing from any point in a venue seems like a massively useful convenience, specially for setting up and sound checks. Hate to drop the the tablet in the middle of it all though, or lose wireless connection. The stealth aspect is great too, not so easy to identify who the sound guy is, much easier to take the bolt when things turn sour.

I have quite a few line 6 wireless products, they work amazingly well. However I'm stuck in that most arthe v1 devices and to convert to the new wireless spec I need a new product to clone from and I don't have one. The upside to working on the original freq spec is they are 100% rock solid and have never given me one dropout. The downside is they wreck wifi systems, so turning one on in the studio makes somebody moan about their laptop falling off the net, and in a venue, the lighting guy can't use his ipad on stage to adjust some lights, and my own ipad can't talk to my x32. I just keep very quiet, and pretend it's not me. Wifi is amazingly congested now with everyone using it very close together.

I have quite a few line 6 wireless products, they work amazingly well. However I'm stuck in that most arthe v1 devices and to convert to the new wireless spec I need a new product to clone from and I don't have one. The upside to working on the original freq spec is they are 100% rock solid and have never given me one dropout. The downside is they wreck wifi systems, so turning one on in the studio makes somebody moan about their laptop falling off the net, and in a venue, the lighting guy can't use his ipad on stage to adjust some lights, and my own ipad can't talk to my x32. I just keep very quiet, and pretend it's not me. Wifi is amazingly congested now with everyone using it very close together.

Exactly the sorts of scenarios i was thinking of. I do a bit of work with wireless DMX lighting too, and have had some network stability issues, usually attributable to some other device interfering or talking over the top. Like you said, these days wireless technologies are so ubiquitous you never know who is going to walk into the room with god knows what in their pocket and spoil all the fun.

Back