Hosting my first open mikes in April

5th OM last night, good turnout of players who had been there before and a couple of newcomers. Bar was happy - lots of drinkers. :drunk: I'm not sure if its more work doing these than doing a solo show, except that my thorat and voice are not shot the next day.

13 open mics, last one was this past Wednesday. Had 14 sign-ups, much better than previous 2 open mics, but the bar itself is getting no patrons - its only the OMers and a few friends, so the manager cancelled it. Of course she has tried all sorts of other things (Wednesday night is the worst night of the week around here for bars), refuses to advertise ...
Oh well, it's on and upward for me. Made some money, bought some new gear with it ... all good! :)

13 open mics, last one was this past Wednesday. Had 14 sign-ups, much better than previous 2 open mics, but the bar itself is getting no patrons - its only the OMers and a few friends, so the manager cancelled it. Of course she has tried all sorts of other things (Wednesday night is the worst night of the week around here for bars), refuses to advertise ...
Oh well, it's on and upward for me. Made some money, bought some new gear with it ... all good! :)

Did you do any recording? I am wanting to focus on Live Recording and have done one during a rehearsal (both the band and I). Just curious as this is new to me and looking for any information I can find.

First session I did went well, just looking to optimize.

Did you do any recording? I am wanting to focus on Live Recording and have done one during a rehearsal (both the band and I). Just curious as this is new to me and looking for any information I can find.

First session I did went well, just looking to optimize.

No, never did - no laptop available for recording, no portable recorder, and no real need. There was a local (well, 35 miles away) OM that was doing that for people, but stopped - too much extra work for little real benefit.

Back