First live gig in 20 years...

Dogbreath

Im an ex-spurt
And I'm startin to get butterflies. :p
It's tomorrow.

I sing lead vocals on 4 songs and backup on the others and all of a sudden, these lyrics that I've been singing for a couple of months are gettin garbled in my head.
(gulp)

I'm gonna be "that guy" who looks like a dumbass forgettin the words in front of a shitload of people. And one of these songs is one that I wrote!
:laughings:

Wish me luck...

or a really drunk crowd.

Either one is good with me. ;)

heh heh... thanks O' Broken One.

I'll just keep lookin forward to the free beer I can drink afterwards. Maybe that'll help settle the nerves.
:D

Yea, what Boulder said. Fake it and it will be fine. Stop and everyone knows it. This isn't recording where your mistake can be heard forever.

yeah, it'll be a metal version about being "stuck on band aids and band aids stuck on me" :D

and bacon.

probably some bacon gonna be in there too.

Use a music stand. With big print. Used one for years but never read it much. Just a safety net.

Yep, a crutch is still a crutch even if you don't use it. I had chord charts in front of me every time & looked at them maybe once.

I didn't allow chord charts and lyric sheets... if I had to work a goddamn RC50 looper with very complex loops, a GT10 multi-effect pedal, sing unusual harmonies, lead vocals on half the tunes and be in charge of in-between song chats, crowd revving, and overall sound checking, then the other guy could just learn a few words....:laughings:

And I'm startin to get butterflies. :p
It's tomorrow.

I sing lead vocals on 4 songs and backup on the others and all of a sudden, these lyrics that I've been singing for a couple of months are gettin garbled in my head.
(gulp)

I'm gonna be "that guy" who looks like a dumbass forgettin the words in front of a shitload of people. And one of these songs is one that I wrote!
:laughings:

Wish me luck...

or a really drunk crowd.

Either one is good with me. ;)

Okay, so.... that was four days ago. How'd it go??

actually, I tried to post a couple times and it took a long time just to load pages, let alone post something. Today seems better. ;)

But it went really well. The house mix was kinda screwed up but the poor sound guy was just swamped with 5 bands plus the solo acts and everything else. So all is forgiven.

Even with the "technical problems", we pretty much dominated. And it was the other bands that were saying so. Awesome and humbling.

I was relaxed and just had fun. Aand... I remembered all the words. :drunk:

There's some pics and a couple videos (crappy audio) if you're bored https://www.facebook.com/havocstone

Had one guy come up to me and say, " Don't take offense but when I looked up and saw this old guy (me :p ) bashin the shit outta some Godsmack, it gave me hope cuz I'm gettin up there in years too."

bastid... :D

Back