Advice on rigging non powered and powered mixer

Faz Ahern

Hi, as the observant will notice, this is my first post. I have been trawling online to try and "google quest" my answer, but with limited time i thought i'd just ask people with a lot more experience. From the looks of the place i think i may stick around though, i just bought a home recording set up and have no idea how to use it, but i digress.

My Powered mixer recently came down with a troubling case of straight up died. The desk was about 25 years old and has served a long line of live musicians, it will be remembered fondly.

However, with little money and few resources i am left with

A Non Powered Behringer Eurorack UB1832FX-Pro

A Peavey Model MP 4 PA Powered Mixer Amp Head

Two non powered speakers

I was wondering if there was a way to rig my non powered desk to the powered desk and effctively use the Peavey as a Power Amp. It only hs 4 channels, all jack imputs, and i have no idea what outputs to use on the Behringer even if it is possible.

Any help at all would be appreciated as i have an open mic tonight that i need to proivide my own gear for.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Should work fine. Maybe not totally ideal, but if all the gear works correctly, it has to work. Use the same output from the mixer that you would run to any power amp - probably Master or Main or whatever. Plug into two of the line inputs on the powered mixer. Turn the knobs till it sounds good...or as good as it gets given open mic talent...

Back