Taking it out on the sound guy

Best part of the whole ordeal is -- His mother was at the show and she got to see her son get hauled off to jail HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Did I mention that this guy is a SH!THEAD?

I did enjoy reading that he tweeted "I wasn't arrested or nothin" about the same time as the LA police were releasing his mug shot to the press.

You're wrong to call him a SHITHEAD though.

I believe the proper phrase is "STUPID SHITHEAD".

Your right there Bob! Plus a few more verbs would be in order as well!

Did I mention that this guy is a "STUPID SH!THEAD"?

I don't know anything about running live sound. I only know when it sounds bad, and it usually does. I don't get what's so hard about it.

Lots of venues pay very very little money for monkeys that barley know how to hook a microphone to it's cable.

I don't know if anyone else reads Dave Rat's blog (if not, you should) but he visited the Roxy shortly after Tyler's temper tantrum and photographed the modifications his feet made to the mixer.

Blog HERE--YOU'LL HAVE TO SCROLL TO THE MIDDLE OF THE PICTURES LATER IN THE POST.

Frankly, it says something for the build quality that this was all he did--still expensive though!

I have seen Dave stand on a Midas heritage 3000 before! Only on the armrest though for a photo op.

Lots of venues pay very very little money for monkeys that barley know how to hook a microphone to it's cable.

That must be it. I especially love it when they have plenty of mics but want to split my rack toms with one mic because it's "easier". The monitor guys are even worse. They're damn near useless.

And the monkey throws the switch.

I heard of all those horror stories of bands going into a well known venue only to have crap sound.
That's where I get my "briefcase" gigs. Bands will pay me +-$250. just to go with them to these venues to run the house PA.
Sure raises heck in the monkey house though ..... "Man I was expecting to work tonight, I really needed the $25." I kinda feel sorry for them but they should really learn their trade or at least give a f*ck about the way they do their job.

I don't know anything about running live sound. I only know when it sounds bad, and it usually does. I don't get what's so hard about it.

Same as drumming, really. You just get some sticks and bang away. Nothing hard about that either.

I've never worked sound at clubs. Don't want to, for various reasons. But when I have worked a festival, I am happy to see a band have their own sound man. If he's good, and takes a gander at the board/system while the previous act is on stage, I usually brief him and then say, "Welcome, mate, glad you are here. Here's my cell number, call if you need me for anything!" and take a break!

My son has worked clubs, and he always got paid for the gig, even if the band brought their own guy. It's more a "professional image" thing- he won't work a club or gig that looks for reasons to not pay him. A deal's a deal, if the band shows up with their own guy, so what?

Back