NYC: FLIGHT CASE EDITION Fatar 88 Weighted Key Controller!

ebot9000

It's taken me a long time, but I am finally selling my Fatar Studio 900 88-key weighted keyboard controller. I bought it about 10 years ago and used it for gigs around town for about a year. Since then I haven't been able to bring myself to let it go, simply because it has the best weighted action I've encountered.

Sound On Sound Review describes "Fatar's patented 'hammer action'. This uses a crafty little counter-weight allied to a mechanical device to give the keys a piano-like feel and resistance. It actually works -- a keyboard so equipped feels as much like playing a piano as it's possible to get without actually playing a piano. There's even a pleasing bounce as a key comes to rest."

This is a rare version of the Studio 900, in that it is built into a super tough flight case. I haven't seen this version again since I bought it. You just pop the top on and it's packed and ready to go. So it would make an excellent touring controller, a master controller for a studio or simply a great action to practice piano on (hooked up to a sound module).

The condition is good as it has been mostly unused over the years. There is some lightening to the color on top of the keyboard and a little cover on the edge of the handle it missing. Please note that the handle is still fine and plenty strong enough for the weight of the keyboard. The keyboard is functionally perfect.

IMPORTANT: This is a MIDI controller only and there are no onboard sounds! However, it has essential MIDI functions, like an assignable modulation wheel, pitch bend wheel, program and channel change, as well as jacks for sustain pedal, volume pedal and 2 MIDI outs.

I have the original manual and power supply. Bottom line, if you're looking for a very solid 88 key controller with great weighted action, this fits the bill!

$400 or best, pickup & cash only. I live right off the Bedford-Nostrand stop on the G line in Brookyn. Thanks for looking!

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

btw, I'm user ethanwhite on ebay (100% positive feedback) and go by ebot9000 on gearslutz.com as well.

Since I only lurk here, I thought I'd give some assurances.

Cheers!
-Ethan

Back