looking for Shure SM57

TA814

Im new to this and just want to get started making my own projects. I am looking for someone that has a Shure SM57 in good condition and willing to sell it for a good price. PM me with any offers.

Thank you,
Tony

He's not serious.

And I can beat his price by 40 bucks.

But wait.....

There's more.

That includes Free....that's right FREE shipping to the lower 48.

150 bucks shipped....what a deal.

Let me know.

And no.....I'm not serious either.

:D

pm'd you. However, honesty compells me to tell you there are some used ones on ebay right now that have the unidyne III capsules which some say are better...

Dont you have a pawn shop nearby?...there has to be at least one in there at all times...its like a law or something...Most of mine were around $10 each...try and get an old one if you can...the more beat up they are...the better they sound.:cool:

Dont you have a pawn shop nearby?...there has to be at least one in there at all times...its like a law or something...Most of mine were around $10 each...try and get an old one if you can...the more beat up they are...the better they sound.:cool:

I'm a regular at pawn shops in my area and I've never seen one in there.:mad: I wish that I would. Something tells me that I need to check tomorrow. :D

lol idk i havent checked the pawn shops, i might just do that. I know there is some pretty good prices on ebay also i was looking at that before i posted this but i was just hoping maybe id get some generous offers ;):D haha

You've got to be careful buying SM57's. There's lots of fake ones and ones that need a rebuild around.

I have two, one beat up old one I've had forever, and another I bought new 20 years ago. The one I bought new is immaculate, never been abused or used much and sounds really clear, the beat up one doesn't sound near as clear but is usable. They are really two different mics, the new one being drastically better.

I've concluded that just because it looks like an SM57 doesn't mean it will sound like it should.

thnx everyone for the help.

dintymoore - thnx a lot for the great advice. Im just starting to learn how to record and mix and all that myself, and its nice to have someone like you to help out. I appreciate it.

You've got to be careful buying SM57's. There's lots of fake ones and ones that need a rebuild around.

I have two, one beat up old one I've had forever, and another I bought new 20 years ago. The one I bought new is immaculate, never been abused or used much and sounds really clear, the beat up one doesn't sound near as clear but is usable. They are really two different mics, the new one being drastically better.

I've concluded that just because it looks like an SM57 doesn't mean it will sound like it should.

One thing to check - if the head on the 57 doesn't spin, it's probably fake.

Seriously.

Thanks TA814. :)

I never really heard about the Unidyne III capsules. I just checked my two 57's (both spin!) and the newer one that sounds better just says "Low Z" on it and my worn one that sounds not so good is a Unidyne III!

My gut feeling is that the Unidyne III one sounded good at one time and just needs a new capsule.

Am I correct in thinking that if I bought a new capsule for it that it would be the non-Unidyne III (less desirable) one?

I gotta admit I never was aware of there were different ones.

Also, this is a heads up because if I sold both on eBay people might think the Unidyne one was better but I know in my case that the other one is 'cause my Unidyne is blown.

My experience with these SM57's and ones I've used at gigs is that there's lots that have been used and abused out there... I'd be tempted to buy a new one if I couldn't try it out first... I guess if it was dirt cheap I'd chance it.

I always suggest the GLS ES-57 for a great, cheap alternative to the SM57. $40 for a new one w/ a 25 ft. cable. It's a great deal.

I always suggest the GLS ES-57 for a great, cheap alternative to the SM57. $40 for a new one w/ a 25 ft. cable. It's a great deal.

yep thats what someone else told me and i think thats what ill be buying for now...

i appreciate the help guys. :)

good - and if you change your mind and decide to go with a 57, be *really* careful on ebay - especially if they pictures make it (or them) look new, and the price is low - bunch of fakes sold on there, apparently.

good - and if you change your mind and decide to go with a 57, be *really* careful on ebay - especially if they pictures make it (or them) look new, and the price is low - bunch of fakes sold on there, apparently.

thanks a lot man, thats good advice... Saves me from future disappointment if i were unfortunate enough to buy a fake one...

I appreciate the help.

Back