FS: Celestion Vintage 30 - 8 ohm - improve your tone

Greg_L

Banned
Hey all you with a 2x12 or 1x12 combo or cab. Hey all you using cabs with budget speakers, or if you don't even know what the hell you're using. Hey all you using an 8 ohm mono 4x12 cab. Buy this speaker and you will sound better.

I'm presenting to you HR.com members a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is an exclusive offer for HR.com members only! You will not see this on Craigslist or Ebay. You can own this seriously like-new 12" Celestion Vintage 30 8 ohm 60W guitar loudspeaker personally broken in by yours truly. Yup, my own gorgeous tones have pumped through this bad boy. Many bad ass guitar tracks have been laid down through this very speaker. But rest assured, this speaker has been well taken care of. You see, it was part of a duo in a 2x12 cab. Those two speakers made a glorious sound together, but I have since traded one away for a 16 ohm version to go into a 4x12, so I'm left with this one lonely now unused 8 ohm Vintage 30. All he wants to do is roar, but I cannot use him anymore in my current cab configurations. This speaker has never been gigged or mistreated in any way. It has not been bounced around from cab to cab. It's only been in one cab since new, and that cab has always stayed indoors in a smoke free recording environment. It's in brand new condition, but broken in nicely.

Let me explain the Vintage 30 sound for those of you not familiar with it's tone. This is a heavy magnet, British voiced speaker closely related to the old Alnico magnet and G12H-30 speakers of yesteryear. It's crunchy. It's got a robust upper midrange, and very tight but healthy lows. It's very capable of sparkling cleans, or thick meaty heavy overdrive, and everything in between. This speaker will cut like a hot knife through butter in any live or recording scenario. For real. These things cut through a mix. It's also a 100db rated speaker - meaning it's loud. It could potentially overpower your existing speakers in a combination, but if your other speakers suck, that's probably a good thing. And being 60w, it can handle some volume. It can handle enough power and volume to make your ears hurt bad. I can personally vouch for this. These speakers come as standard equipment in pretty much every Mesa or Orange cab, and many others.

So I can hear you now. "Yeah Greg, woopdy friggin doo you rambling buffoon, how much do you want for the damn thing?" I'll tell you.
I'll let this thing go for you HR.com members only $120 shipped to your door in the continental USA.

If you think that's too much, or if you're poor but really want it, make me an offer. I might consider it if it isn't a stupid offer. I'm negotiable, somewhat. Or if you find a better deal elsewhere, jump on it. I don't have to sell this thing. But this speaker really, truly is in brand new condition, except that it's broken in perfectly, and it's just sitting here. I'd like to see it go to a good home and get used. One of you home recorders will get a really nice upgrade in your guitar tone chain. I'll ship internationally as well, but we'll have to talk about that. Shipping to Bumfuckistan is probably very expensive, so I'd rather not unless you pony up the cash.

Here's some pics...taken just now, as in today, a few minutes ago....crusty GTO parts in the background not for sale.

Look at these connection tabs - not bent, never been soldered, not even scratched, brand new condition.

This is the last stop for your guitar signal, and it has a huge effect on tone. Don't skimp out on it! Not a wrinkle or dent anywhere.

You'd never know this thing had been mounted in a cab at all. Perfect gasket.

Perfect mounting flange and bolt holes. No bends, dents, scratches, keyholing, nothing. The only superficial marks are from where it was mounted it's one and only time.

Wanna hear it? Here's some quick and dirty test tracks I did last summer.
Les Paul + Marshall + Vintage 30 +SM57

Here it is with bass and a drum loop partnered with a Greenback
Greenback left - Vintage 30 right

Thank you for your time. Buy this thing. PM me if interested.

Love,
Greg

Back