FS: 2x Audio Technica AT4054

mrbowes

The Audio Technica 4054 is a live vocal condenser microphone that uses the same capsule as the AT4050.

A few nicks here and there, but no dents or anything significant.

Great mics that are becoming harder to find.

$160 shipped/each or $300 for the pair.

Paypal fees included.

Attachments

• at4054.JPG
    at4054.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
4054's

any idea how these sound compared to a 4040? I'm familiar with the 4040 and 4060 (tube) but not with these or the 4050...me and my buddy run a studio not far from Charlotte, maybe we could work something out.:cool:

Thanks again, Pohaku.

TheNewUnknown,

I haven't used a 4040 in awhile, so I can't give you a good comparison between the mics. The 4050 has multiple pickup patterns and is designed as more of a studio mic. The 4054 is cardiod only, but it's intended application is live sound, so the other patterns wouldn't really make sense for its intended use. However, that's not to say that it wouldn't make a good studio mic.

Since you're near by, you're more than welcome to borrow one or two of the 4054s for a bit to see if they fit your needs. Just let me know - drop me a PM.

OK Mr. Bowes...

I'll bite. How does this mic work on male vocals? For references, I have an A-T 4047, an MXL V77 and an RE-15 and a Shure 545 SD that I rotate for vocals. Typically, my own vocals, sometimes other singers. Would the 4054 really add?

Also, I could use the 4054 as a live vocal mic for acoustic shows, couldn't I? I mean, shows without drums.

Give me some help here figuring out if I need to add this very reasonably priced mic to my arsenal.

It's going to be more natural sounding than the 4047, not as big sounding as the V77, and more detailed and precise than the RE15. Never used the 545.

It's meant for live vocal use, so that's where its tight pattern is going to shine. I only used it for live vocals, but I'm sure there are lots of studio uses for it as well.

Last edited:
Geeez guy, even though I have three of them, you are making me think about it at that price,

Self defense bump. Someone please buy these. :D

Back