WTB: Tascam RE-1013 (1/2" empty metal reel)

jjones1700

Learning, always learning
I've got a newly acquired TSR-8 deck and have bought an empty reel from US Recording so I could use the deck in the meantime, but if anyone knows of a Tascam 1/2" reel that somebody is willing to part with, please let me know. Thanks!

Johnny

Have you called Tascam? I would guess that if they did have some laying around they would be more then you want to spend.

Have you called Tascam? I would guess that if they did have some laying around they would be more then you want to spend.

Called them a few weeks ago about the empty reel and rack rails for the TSR-8. No dice on both counts.:(

I've seen the rack mounts for the 32,38's ETC on junkbay. You might look their and send them an email to see if they have the rails or can get them. Just a thought.

I've seen the rack mounts for the 32,38's ETC on junkbay. You might look their and send them an email to see if they have the rails or can get them. Just a thought.

I've seen them on ebay, but they are usually going for $80. A bit much for a couple pieces of bent metal with holes in it, if you ask me. I may not have a choice though.:(

I've seen them on ebay, but they are usually going for $80. A bit much for a couple pieces of bent metal with holes in it, if you ask me. I may not have a choice though.:(

I bought some of those rack mounts from reel pro sound guys and I sent them back. The holes didnt line up and the paint was still wet. They make them in a back room some place. I still havent found the take up reel, I will keep looking through all of my boxes.
VP

I bought some of those rack mounts from reel pro sound guys and I sent them back. The holes didnt line up and the paint was still wet. They make them in a back room some place. I still havent found the take up reel, I will keep looking through all of my boxes.
VP

I saw those on their web site. I entertained the thought of buying them for a moment, and then thought better of it. Now I my suspicions have been confirmed. The search goes on for the rack rails as well...

Ok, well that ideas in the crapper. It's to bad you can't find someone to make them for you. Have you looked at http://www.audioproz.com for them. They might be able to point you in the right direction. They were able to find rack ears for my DBX 150's For some reason they are hard to find. Hope you can find something.

Back