Urei (Universal Audio) items for sale

WhiteStrat

Don't stare at the eye.
I've got a couple of Urei (UA) items I'd like to sell. I've got a 1176 LN Limiting Amplifier and a 546 Dual Parametric EQ. I haven't decided what they're worth yet, so I'm kind of looking to see if there's some interest. I'd rather sell them here than on eBay. If you're interested in either, let me know. I'll take some pics and post them right away.

They both came from the same studio buyout, so I expect they're of the same era. According to what I've found so far on the serial numbers (1176 LN: 9524H 8445; EQ: 862 8434) it looks like they're from the late 70's or early 80's. Like I said, if there's some interest, I'll post pics, and I'll be glad to do some more digging on the serial numbers to determine their pedigree.

Thanks,

WS

EDIT: I can't fix the title, but it's supposed to read "UA" (Universal Audio) not "AU." Oh well...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm broke right now, but I would love to see a high res, two page spread photo of the 1176 (for research purposes only, of course)

Fixed.
Any closer to putting a price on these?

I'm talking with a member about a potential sale on the 1176. I'm waiting for him to make an offer. Beyond that, I'm at a loss for prices. If anyone would like to make an offer or suggest a realistic going price for either of these, I'm all ears. And if having a post without a price is a problem, just let me know--I'll close it down. No sweat.

I'm talking with a member about a potential sale on the 1176. I'm waiting for him to make an offer. Beyond that, I'm at a loss for prices. If anyone would like to make an offer or suggest a realistic going price for either of these, I'm all ears. And if having a post without a price is a problem, just let me know--I'll close it down. No sweat.

Heh...nah, I was just curious.
You're too far away for me to consider it but I was shopping for this kind of thing just last night.
Couldn't resist asking. :)

Good luck.

Unfortunately, this is the absolute worst time of year to be selling something. You can knock at least 25% off of the going rate in January. I've got a couple things I might be selling, but I'm going to wait until people start getting their tax returns.

Wow those are great - I guess that's a rev H 1176?

Do you use the EQ much? Looks very cool.

Yep--they are great. But I don't use either of them--at all. I got them in a studio acquisition, and I've never added them to my setup. I used them in their old home--I recorded there just about every week. But since I took it over, and took their gear into my joint, I haven't used them.

So, yeah...they're still available.

Back