Tascam 488 MKII for sale w/manual, tape, etc

taperocket

Hey, I thought I'd post here before E-bay. I'm selling a Tascam 488 MKII 8-track cassette recorder in excellent condition. I'm the original owner and I've had this unit for many years. Everything on it functions perfectly and the tape path (including the heads) has been kept extremely clean and was demagnetized frequently. The heads still have tons of life left in em. This unit works completely unlike most of the trash you'll see on E-bay. The unit is being sold along with 5 sealed high quality high bias recording tapes, the original manual, a head cleaner cassette system with head cleaning fluid and the original box. I'm asking $230.00 for the unit (which includes insured shipping) or best offer. Please post any questions and send me a personal message if you're interested. My Ebay name is emo2thecore, I have had nearly 100 transactions and I have 100% feedback. Also, let me know if you want to see some pictures of the recorder. Thanks!

Never mind, I see you live in MO. I live in CA. How do I know you're really emo2thecore?

monty said:
Never mind, I see you live in MO. I live in CA. How do I know you're really emo2thecore?

SHit. I just got ripped off from a guy ON ebay. It don't really matter. lol

Nevermind these well known agitators!

Your offer is legitimate, fair & progressive. Damned straight, I said!

Pics! We want pics! Fire away!;)

Well there are a number of ways we could do it: 1. The traditional way, you pay and then I ship upon receiving payment 2. I can put the item up on Ebay with a Buy it Now and you could buy it off there immediately so you have that assurance. 3. Although I've never done anything like this, we could go through a third party service like Escrow, but the buyer would have to pay for any fees associated with that. Thanks and please reply or send a PM if you're interested. If anyone has any other transaction format ideas I'm willing to be flexible as long as I recieve the payment before I send out the item. Thanks and I'm working on getting pictures up today. Todd.

I'm definitely interested. I have PayPal. Looks like you do to. Also Visa, Mastercard, Discover, etc. I’ll PM you, although I have my doubts about the workings of this website, as well as the workings of my internet provider’s email service. I’ll also see if I can email you from the ebay site.

Monty, I understand your concern, I think we can work out a deal that will be comfortable and beneficial for both of us. Check your PM and e-mail! Thanks, Todd.

Man, I paid $400 bucks for mine a couple years ago. GGGGRRRRrr. Oh well. Monty, congrats on a great deal, man. You'll love the 488 MKII!

Back