Studio Mixing Console Desk - Studio Furniture

Nate74

HR4FREBR
I built this desk about 5 years ago for my project studio. It housed a Soundtracs Topaz 8 mixer and 3 single space patchbays. The top shelf supported my audio monitors and two 19” PC monitors.

I'd originally planned on putting 10 spaces of rack storage on the slanted "side car" but decided to build a seperate rack. This would be an easy mod at this point. The “side car” can also be removed to accommodate larger consoles. If you’re not handy enough to do this modification, I am, so maybe we can work something out.

It’s been in my garage ever since the birth of my daughter in June led to a serious down size project in my studio.

Check the dimensions of your console closely. This fit a Soundtracs great, but will obviously work with other brands.

Console Area Dimensions:

64” Wide in open configuration
41” wide with rack installed
36” deep

Available for local pickup only in Torrance, CA. (20 miles south of Los Angeles)

This desk CAN be disassembled easily but the top is 64"x36" so you'll need a pickup or an SUV.

Would like to get my money back out of it (my time is FREE) so asking $250.

Thanks for looking.

-With Side Car-
1250551054077562700.jpg

1250551030007184300.jpg

-With Side Car Removed-

1250550996036652900.jpg

1250551075071366800.jpg

It would be perfect for when I redo my studio this winter but I live in New Jersey. Yes I asked and the wife said no way that I can drive over to pick it up.

It would be perfect for when I redo my studio this winter but I live in New Jersey. Yes I asked and the wife said no way that I can drive over to pick it up.

What if I met you half way? I think that would be somewhere around Springfield Missouri.:eek:

My friend, you have no idea how appealing a road trip sounds at this point in my life. Please don't tempt me.

OK, how about anybody who will just come take the damn thing out of my garage?

ill come take the damn thing... as long as its sturdy my board is probably over the 150 lb mark... im in riverside county and dont mind a drive, assuming you think it can support my board, not to make any assumptions against your handywork but from the pics it's just difficult to tell how much weight it could support.. and ill even pay you what i can (not 250 but at least i can give you something in terms of getting your money back! if i had more i would probably meet your price as im in need of a desk)

Last edited:
ill come take the damn thing... as long as its sturdy my board is probably over the 150 lb mark... im in riverside county and dont mind a drive, assuming you think it can support my board, not to make any assumptions against your handywork but from the pics it's just difficult to tell how much weight it could support.. and ill even pay you what i can (not 250 but at least i can give you something in terms of getting your money back! if i had more i would probably meet your price as im in need of a desk)

PM sent - yeah it should support that weight. There are 2 3" braces under the top as well as a brace in the back with some L braces. Extra braces could also be added I suppose but 3/4" Birch Ply is pretty good stuff.

Hello
This information of studio desk furniture is very needed every visitors. It would be perfect for when I redo my studio this winter but I live in New studio.

WTF? That is some crazy bot codework... that thing stole the "It would be perfect for when I redo my studio this winter but I live in New ["studio" for "Jersey"] line from the guy's post above..

but WTF... LOL :laughings:

Last edited by a moderator:
The post is from a long time ago...what happen to the desk? Anything else available for cheap? I'm in Torrance so can pick it up easy.

WTF? That is some crazy bot codework... that thing stole the "It would be perfect for when I redo my studio this winter but I live in New ["studio" for "Jersey"] line from the guy's post above..

but WTF... LOL :laughings:

Frikkin' spammers

Back