SOLD $300: Tascam 688 and Mackie Ultrapilot and Mackie ultra-34

BanditGus

I inherited a bunch of equipment. I don't know much about the stuff. The Tascam 688 (serial number 300087) was looked at by a musician who did not know how to use it. He said everything works except the play motor and that it probably needed a belt or something. I have the manual for the Tascam.
The two Mackie pieces (Ultrapilot manufacturer date 9M1510 serial# V10680 ) are missing any cords so I can't tell you if they work. I believe they were purchased around 1996.
I have photos but I don't know how to post yet. I can email them to anyone interested.
I prefer to sell all three together for $300. Pick up only, in Central Massachusetts.

Last edited:
I inherited a bunch of equipment. I don't know much about the stuff. The Tascam 688 (serial number 300087) was looked at by a musician who did not know how to use it. He said everything works except the play motor and that it probably needed a belt or something. I have the manual for the Tascam.
The two Mackie pieces (Ultrapilot manufacturer date 9M1510 serial# V10680 ) are missing any cords so I can't tell you if they work. I believe they were purchased around 1996.
I have photos but I don't know how to post yet. I can email them to anyone interested.
I prefer to sell all three together for $300. Pick up only, in Central Massachusetts.

I will buy them but not for your asking price. I will offer you $500.00. Even if the 688 needs some work, it is still worth getting it fixed. PM me with your address and I will cut you a money order from my bank, Navy Federal Credit Union. I live in Va, 20 miles of DC. I will also pay for shipping. You can have your bank rep call my bank rep just so you know this aint no Craigs List scam!

That's better than great! I PM'd you.
You're the one who helped me figure out how to post here, too. Thank you again.

That's better than great! I PM'd you.
You're the one who helped me figure out how to post here, too. Thank you again.

OK, I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who has multi million dollar studios on the east coast. Just so you know, I am not withdrawing my offer but I think you should really know what you have. I offered you two hundred more than you asked, because I know what you have. My friend said when I get the recorder, he would give me $1,000.00 sight UN seen, working or not.

What you have in your possession is what most Professionals would call, the BEST 8 track cassette recorder that has ever been manufactured. Bar None! As much as I would love to have it, this is what I think you should do. Contact the closest Guitar Center in your area. Ask them who they would recommend to give the Tascam a complete overhaul. ($100 to $200 max). If it is just a $15.00 belt, even better.

If you do this and have the paper work to back up the refurbishing, you could very well get $1,800 to $2,000 dollars for it. Professional studios as well as Professional Home Recording Studios, are begging for this type of vintage gear. If you have no desire to do this, than my offer still stands.

If you decide you want the higher price, then I will assist you to get the biggest bang for your buck, with no hard feelings attached. I am 75% sure I already have a buyer lined up. I gave you my number, call me regardless of how you want to proceed and we will go from there.

Last edited:
Hey BanditGus..

I'm in Central MA as well.

I'm not in the market for a Tascam 688 (have one), but if there's much else in the way of music related gear you're looking to sell let me know what you have via a PM. I don't need anything, nor should I be buying anything, but maybe you've got something I can't pass up :)

That's amazing! But I'm happy with selling to you. I need to empty the house and get it on the market, so let's say I am paying it forward. There's a DAT I just found, plus old motorcycles and a bike engine, so I'm already overwhelmed. Keeping it simple works for me. Thank you though! I wish I had the time for doing what you suggested.

After having a phone conversation with the OP, we have agreed that I will withdraw my offer. According to the OP, the price will still remain at $300.00. I highly suggest anyone reading this post, jump on this offer. Used and broken, just the recorder sells for around $800.00.

Hey BanditGus..

I'm in Central MA as well.

I'm not in the market for a Tascam 688 (have one), but if there's much else in the way of music related gear you're looking to sell let me know what you have via a PM. I don't need anything, nor should I be buying anything, but maybe you've got something I can't pass up :)

I have a Sony DAT, a Sony cassette deck (3 head, FWIW), a guitar sound foot switch thingy, a gig bag and an amp stand. Plus the Mackie stuff and Tascam are still available.

Back