Selling my registered version of Cubase 5 DAW software. This is exactlly the same as

Jrasia

Selling my registered version of Cubase 5 DAW software. This is exactlly the same as the full retail version, minus the manual.
Includes, dongle, original packaging and of course the software. License will be transfered on my end once a sale is completed so you can registered the software for yourself.

$275 shipped.

Attachments

• cubase.jpeg
    cubase.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 94
  • cubase2.jpeg
    cubase2.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 90
I'm not so sure that you can actually do that.
Maybe if you included an E-License and your E-mail address.

Its a simple process of unactivating and reactivating through 'Mysteinberg'
Trust me, I've looked into this before I decided to sell.

Then my mistake. Sorry.
No reason why you can't sell the DAW with the dongle. That's how I got VST 32.
You still may have to give your E-mail address to the buyer.
Just the address. not your account.

well, besides this fact...
Yup.
You'd be wrong to sell this one even if you could.
I am at odds with software manufacturers who try to keep control of their product even after they sold it.
None of their business, really but if you bought the software at a reduced price on the basis that you would not try to resell it, you are now in breach of that agreement.
Sorry.

I am at odds with software manufacturers who try to keep control of their product even after they sold it.
None of their business, really but if you bought the software at a reduced price on the basis that you would not try to resell it, you are now in breach of that agreement.

Remember that when you think you are buying software, you're technically not. You're only buying the right to USE the software. You never actually own the software in a legal sense.

You're simply paying a one-time rental fee.

If you've ever read the microscopic print in the license agreement, it's actually quite hilarious.

Yup.
You'd be wrong to sell this one even if you could.
Sorry.

i like sticking it to the man too...

thats why I encourage this guy to sell this software...but dont misinform the buyer...

also, lower the F'n price...you can buy the educational version of this software all day long with a LEGAL license for $279...

i like sticking it to the man too...

that's why I encourage this guy to sell this software...but don't misinform the buyer...

also, lower the F'n price...you can buy the educational version of this software all day long with a LEGAL license for $279...

I see it a little differently.
a) That's a $500 piece of software and I would argue that Steinberg's software is worth every penny that they decide to charge but once it's sold, it's sold.
b) What makes this a $250 piece of software (New) is that it's a student/teacher version which cannot be resold. That was part of the purchasing agreement.

Now Frederic made an interesting point about the fact that you are just "Renting" the software for a one time fee and he may be right but that is not something that would stand up in a civil court nor is it fair practise on the part of Steinberg.
So I guess I stand somewhere in the middle with this one.
Not looking to stick it to anyone nor get stuck.

Back