Read This!!

Richard Monroe

As some of you may have read on this board, I recently negotiated a mic deal with Sonarman, trading a well cared for Studio Projects C-3 and an AKG C2000B for a B.L.U.E. Baby Bottle supposedly in good condition. My mics were shipped, received, and checked out fine.
Well, I received the Baby Bottle today. It was well packed by Fedex, and although missing the retaining screw that holds the strap inside the box in place, the strap did hold. However-

1. The grill is seriously dented, and this occurred before the mic was packed.

2. The mic is dead on arrival, duly verified, trouble shot, and double checked.

3. It is obvious to anyone with a clue that the capsule has been disassembled and reassembled by someone who knows nothing about condenser mics. The back grill was partially pulled, and set back in at the wrong angle.

It is obvious to me that this guy thinks I am stupid enough to not know this.
In theory, the package was insured for $500, but this much is for sure- I want my mics back, or the $500, plus the expense of shipping and insurance both ways. If I get any satisfaction, y'all can be assured that I will post that up as soon as it happens. If the mic had been damaged in shipping, that would come under the heading of shit happens, but that is not the case. Somebody thinks I am fucking stupid.-Richie

this is one of a few bad reports i've read lately. anyone ever posted/sold on the seymour duncan forum? their "trading post" as they call it has 2 sticky topics at the top - "Good seller alert!" and "Bad seller alert!" - that serve as feedback forums to let people know about good, honest people and the not so honest people like a few around here seem to be. maybe this forum needs something like those topics as well...just a thought.

p.s. that sucks about the mic situation. hope it all gets cleared up. :)

That's Sonarman, or sonarman22000@yahoo.com. The real world name is Tim Pate, if it isn't an alias. The mic apparently once belonged to Big Kenny. So did you bash the grill, Kenny, or did Sonarman do that? I might put up with that shit *if* the mic worked.-Richie

What the heck is goin on?!?!?!?!?!?!

As an AVID buyer and seller of gear, it really disturbs me to see so many problems cropping up.

What can we do to prevent this from getting worse? A feedback forum? Or atleast a thread maybe? Maybe trying to become part of www.heatware.com ?
I know gearslutz is having a similiar discussion. Maybe make a website like heatware for geartraders? I would gladly host something like that if someone can write the code.

:(

Yeah, "like new", as long as your new mic has a dented grill, has been tampered with by a clueless turkey, and has 0 output.-Richie

Hey Richard, I imagine you wanna hold onto the mic as evidence until resolved, but if you end up with it, I'd consider taking it off you hands for the parts. Lemme know whenever, no hurry.

I doubt it, MS. In a worst case scenario, I will probably find out what B.L.U.E. would charge to refurb the mic. We're not at the evidence stage yet, however. I am still holding out hope that Tim will do the right thing. He doesn't appear to be a total scam artist, or he wouldn't have sent me a mic at all. But he does appear to believe I am dumb enough to not be able to figure out that the mic was damaged before it was shipped, which is an unavoidable fact. The mic *could not* have sustained the visible damage it has in transit, the way it was packed, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fedex figures that out also, and stiffs him on the insurance.
And that, you see, is my point. If the goons at Fedex had mishandled a package, y'all wouldn't be reading about this on this forum. I would handle the matter privately. But- that isn't the case. I have made a good trade for a mic *he knew* was damaged, and that some gorilla had tried to fix.-Richie

OK that's cool. The salvage value on that mic is probably too rich for me anyway.

That refurb stuff can be painful. I scored a cool Nikon camera for $275 off eBay which my daughter promptly dropped. $160 later I have a working camera again :(

What I really want is a broken M-Audio Luna, so if anybody out there breaks one , lemme know :eek:

:mad:I got burned by a supposed real name of Tim Pate too! Last year. He went by Flash2ace@yahoo.com

I traded him a 1,200.00 NEW COMPUTER FOR WHAT WAS SUPOSE TO BE A GOOD FENDER STRAT 62 RI.

Well guess what, when I got it, it was a mess and the S/N was filed off of the neck above the screw plate which told me it was a Japanese guitar and so on and so forth.

His add is still on free ads for music / recording equip. He has a pic of the guitar in his ad.

But anyway with all this being said, you don’t know who to trust. It sounds like the name TIM PATE comes up again?

Pier

Back