RANT: Music123.com and Bad Customer Service

invisiblemute

Sorry but I couldn't find a better place to post this message. Hope I don't get spanked for this by the seniors here. Just wanted to give others like me the heads up on dealers and see if I was in the wrong.

Got two MXL v93s ($145 each) from Music123 a little over a month ago. Admittedly I didn't shop around as much as I could have and just found that they generally go for a lot less everywhere else, $99. So I called not to get my money back on the difference but to see if they could hook me up with a deal on some shock mounts for my v67s that don't have mounts. I saw that they were auctioning off the v57 mounts on Ebay for $20 so it seemed that they were flexible with pricing. I carefully explained all this to Gary, the same guy who sold me the mics in the first place, and that I knew the v93s were buyouts from the Mars Music closing. He said it was over the 30 day price guarentee. To me he was completely missing the point. He even went on to say that 45 days makes the sale "ancient history" and therefore somehow irrelevant to this possible sale of shock mounts. I just wanted to get a decent deal on the mounts considering for the price I paid for two mics at Music123 I could have bought three mics anywhere else.

He still wanted to sell me the mounts for more than they were selling them on Ebay with the "buy it now." I told him I'd rather support the smaller companies especially since the original company was Zapf's from Philly which I am fond of from when I grew up in NJ and that I'd rather not buy from SA, GC, MF or any other mega-warehousing store if at all possible. He was curt and almost rude. So I told him I'd take my business elsewhere. He didn't seem to care at all.

Maybe I'm just a pain in the ass shopper but I've never sent anything back to the kitchen when eating out. Not sure how much they paid for the mics but it seems like everyone was buying up the Mars inventory for nothing when they closed -- now that's ancient history. Guess they don't value individual shoppers.

No, they don't. I no longer recommned them to people as an online retailer. I recently ordered something from them that took exactly 29 days to get to me. They claimed that this was "perfectly normal" and I never received even a hint of an apology.

They also have not been doing good with price matching lately, claiming "we don't have enough information on the product to blah blah".

It just seems that I've been seeing more and more negative comments about them lately.

invisiblemute said:
I told him I'd rather support the smaller companies especially since the original company was Zapf's from Philly which I am fond of from when I grew up in NJ and that I'd rather not buy from SA, GC, MF or any other mega-warehousing store if at all possible. .
[rant]
Musiciansfriend and American Musical Supply set me free from the small town music stores.The small guy is the one sticking it right up the ass of the consumer....all the mom and pop stores sell shit for an arm and 2 legs and I refuse to buy from any of them even if they are local.I dont even buy strings local anymore.....screw those overpricing bastards.

I noticed that MusiciansFriend started selling Peavey Gear recently so that'll shut down a lot of the local Peavey Dealers.

To hell with the little guy.He's a sneaky overpricing cheat.

[/rant]

Back