Ovation Collectors Guitar - Tone tone tone

SgtRail

For a serious collector.

Ovation Figured African Cherry 6 string with case.
This is a "One-of-a-kind". Asking price $4,700.

Will be posting a link for viewing ASAP.
I'm in CT, so if you're close enough you can arrange
to drop in and check it out.

PM me for contact details.

I'm glad to hear you at least changed your tune from
47 cents to $4,000.

What kind of shit guitar do you play?

Man, that's gonna be freaking tough to sell anywhere near that asking price. Most one-of-a-kind guitars are. It would help if you said somebody famous signed it...like the members of Gwar...or Bea Arthur.

dragonworks said:
4,700 dollars for an ovation. I wouldn't give you 47 cents for those shit guitars.

Just my opinion of course.

I'll second that.

Ovation = Poop

Sorry, but it's a known fact, not just dragonworks opinion.

Other shit guitars could at least be used for firewood at a campsite. But tossing an Ovation in a fire would probably kill you because of the round plastic back emitting noxious fumes! :eek::eek:

sorry OT, but i was just about to get a Ovation 1868T,
is it really a piece of junk? what kind of acoustic is better?

thanks.

Jinx said:
what kind of acoustic is better?

One made out of wood...that comes from a tree thing that grew out of the ground. I know their are not many of them left and that is why gay and lesbo crowd seen to love these things. Don't cut down the trees, use toxic plastic.

I agree with these guys.. keep away from any guitars in plastic wrapping! :rolleyes:
If I'd have to buy a new guitar.. I'd go for Guild.

SgtRail said:
I'm glad to hear you at least changed your tune from
47 cents to $4,000.

What kind of shit guitar do you play?

My main piece of shit ax is a old wooden non colletable Gibson ES335, I also own
a piece of shit custom strat and a piece of shit custom tele and an American piece of shit strat.
As for an acoustic, I replaced my top of the line 1982 piece of shit ovation that was falling apart with a piece of shit 1974 Guild D17M that is six years older, made of wood and likes to stay in one piece. The guild cost less than one tenth what you are asking for that piece of shit ovation but it is ten times better built and 10 times better sounding.
If the ovation is so great,why are you selling it?
Is is starting to fall apart on ya allready?
Every musician I have know that has owned an ovation will never buy another one. I have been playing for forty years and know quite a few guitar players.
Anymore questions? :)

dragonworks said:
My main piece of shit ax is a old wooden non colletable Gibson ES335, I also own
a piece of shit custom strat and a piece of shit custom tele and an American piece of shit strat.
As for an acoustic, I replaced my top of the line 1982 piece of shit ovation that was falling apart with a piece of shit 1974 Guild D17M that is six years older, made of wood and likes to stay in one piece. The guild cost less than one tenth what you are asking for that piece of shit ovation but it is ten times better built and 10 times better sounding.
If the ovation is so great,why are you selling it?
Is is starting to fall apart on ya allready?
Every musician I have know that has owned an ovation will never buy another one. I have been playing for forty years and know quite a few guitar players.
Anymore questions? :)

Well, well, well - you certainly have quite the collection of shit guitars.
I've been playing Ovations for 30 years - I guess you either love em or hate em - I wouldn't buy any other acoustic.

...I still think my dog is better than your dog.

No, I don't work for them - I just support them and maybe even jump in bed with them every once in a while.

Real guitars. :D
Left to right; 1955 Martin 000-18, new Schecter PT Special, Liminted edition (only 500) Taylor XXV-GA, Takimine EC132C and my 1974 Martin D-41. :D

Attachments

• Real Guitars.jpg
    Real Guitars.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 147
hixmix said:
That Taylor is a real beauty. Will you take my wife as a trade?
Hey check with your local dealer. I traded in my ex-wife for the Taylor. It has a way smaller hole and smells a lot better.

Well, they were cruel, but I still have to agree. The only way I would pay that much for a plastic guitar is if I thought some fool would pay me more for it. They became popular as stage guitars in the 70's, because the pickups and PA's of the day were wicked feedback prone, and the plastic backs reduced the feedback problem. No one in their right mind used them for recording, because they sounded like shit. Unfortunately, they still sound like shit. And I have played Ovations extensively, including the top of the line, because that's what you played on a stage in a large club in the 70's. Sophisticated EQ, on board phase reversal, and notch control have solved the feedback issue, and I can't imagine why I would ever play a plastic guitar again. Sorry, what you have there is an obsolete historical curiosity, which might have some collectible value. It is not an appropriate guitar for professional use, either on stage, or in the studio. - Richie

The only Ovation I ever owned died a horrible death. I had shipped two guitars back from the Philippines when I was stationed over there right before the base closed down. I had ordered a Taylor and an Ovation and used them both the whole time I was there. When it was time to come back to the states, I readied them both for shipment, removed the strings, cleaned them up, put them in their hard cases. I was set.

Approximately 40 days later, I received my shipment, and when I opened the Taylor's guitar case, there she was, all pretty and smiling back at me.

The neck of the Ovation had warped and the plastic bowl had cracked. I will never buy another one.

Back