MXL V69M w/ Upgraded NOS GE 5-Star 6072 Tube

kidvybes

...a little needed house cleaning around my studio...

...a very lightly used (in my AC/non-smoking studio) MXL V69 Mogami Edition tube microphone which has been upgraded with a vintage NOS GE 5-Star 6072 tube w/matched-triodes (resulting in a smoother top end response)...

...mic, power-supply, 7-pin Mogami cable, shock-mount, windscreen and original MXL 12AT7 tube are all in "mint" condition...the flight case is solid, but a bit scratched up (we have 3-V69M mics in the studio and this is actually the cleanest of the 3 cases)...the empty cases (mics and powers supplies get stored in the studio mic cabinet) get a bit banged around in our storage room...

...pics will follow...mic, as stated, is in MINT (like new) condition and the tube has very few hours on it...

...$199 firm shipped Fedex within the continental US...

...I am on the Good-Guys list multiple times for previous items sold here...

...also, if interested, I'm considering selling a MINT Rode NTK w/upgraded NOS Siemens E88CC tube and optional SM2 shockmount...also an original (built with the JENSEN transformers) Presonus M20 dual mic pre, also upgraded with Burr-Brown Op-Amps in extremely clean shape (other than a small bit of rack-rash)...interested buyers can email me at kidvybes@hotmail.com, or send a message on this site...pics available for both items...

...pics as promised...

Attachments

• V69ME upright.jpg
    V69ME upright.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 50
  • MXL V69ME tube.jpg
    MXL V69ME tube.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 39
  • V69ME tube.jpg
    V69ME tube.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 34
  • V69ME.jpg
    V69ME.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 35
  • MXL V69ME.jpg
    MXL V69ME.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 30
Arrrgghh, you bastard! If I didn't already have an unmodded V69M, I'd snag this in a heartbeat.

Word to the wise, buy this mic if you can. My 2 cents...

just wondering, what would you be lookin to get for the NTK?

you can see i'm in the market for a toob mic :)

...V69 SOLD...but the mint Rode NTK w/upgraded Siemens E88CC tube is still available:

...Mint Rode NTK complete with hardshell case, Power Supply, 7 pin cable, optional SM2 Mount, all original documentation, and upgraded German made (Siemens) 6DJ8/E88CC "RCA" tube (original Sovtek Soviet made tube included as well)...used very sparingly in my AC/smoke-free pro studio...exceptionally clean and original...$375. shipped Fedex w/insurance within the continental US...

Attachments

• NTK in Case.jpg
    NTK in Case.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 20
  • NTKwith PS&Mount.jpg
    NTKwith PS&Mount.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 20
  • NTK with Upgraded Tube.jpg
    NTK with Upgraded Tube.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 19
  • NTK Complete.jpg
    NTK Complete.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
MadAudio said:
Arrrgghh, you bastard! If I didn't already have an unmodded V69M, I'd snag this in a heartbeat.

Word to the wise, buy this mic if you can. My 2 cents...

I totally agree! nice mic, I also own an unmodded one.

Back