mxl 603s

dmbfan1981

I am going to sell my mxl 603s on ebay but wanted to see if anyone was interested in it on here. It comes with the black plastic padded case, foam windscreen and mic clip. Its brand new and has only been used once. I am probably going to list it at $55 plus shipping ( $12 ).

603s?

Why were you selling these mics ?

I have a pair, and have not been able to get the same results which I have read about in many reviews on-line. Recording my Martin 000, the sound is very-bassy, somewhat muddy, and high-ened is seriously lacking. Mics positioned in xy at varying distances from the 10th fret, always the same poor quality of recording. Now thinking of getting some Rode NT5's

Why were you selling these mics ?

I have a pair, and have not been able to get the same results which I have read about in many reviews on-line. Recording my Martin 000, the sound is very-bassy, somewhat muddy, and high-ened is seriously lacking. Mics positioned in xy at varying distances from the 10th fret, always the same poor quality of recording. Now thinking of getting some Rode NT5's
Maybe it's the wrong mic positioning. I don't have that problem recording most Martin guitars using MXL 603's.

I just did some tracks last week on an old Epiphone acoustic with a pair of 603s, and they came out pretty good. Like the other folks said, try some different placement. I've found that one at neck level around the 12th fret, pointing toward the bridge, as close to the neck as possible and another about a foot away even with the bridge pointing toward the soundhole/neck seems to work nicely.

Back