Matched Pair of Fairchild F-22 Microphones - $1,000 for the pair

Harvey Gerst

These are a matched pair of Fairchild F-22 microphones modified by both Stephen Paul, AND Dan Kennedy. My son repainted one of them and removed the finish from the second, but never got around to finishing the painting. The insides of both mics are identical. (One of the swivels is missing at the moment, but it's here someplace and will be included.)

About the "mods":

About 20 years ago, I went to California to drop something off for repair at Tascam, and I stopped off at Stephen Paul's house to show him my pair of Farchild F-22 mics. They were a little noisy and Stephen immediately tore them apart. He put in some custom resistors, and replaced the FET. There was a great improvement, but the special batteries were getting harder to find.

A few years later, I found that Dan Kennedy (of Great River Electronics fame) also loved the Fairchild F-22 mics, and he had a new class A circuit that dropped right in in, and ran off straight 48V phantom power. Dan also made special converter cables to let the Fairchild's 7 pin plug run off a standard XLR mic connector.

I'm asking $1,00 for the pair, plus actual shipping costs.

Here's a sample of what the mics sounds like. It's a mono recording - one track for everything. (The "kick drum" sound is Ken's foot.)

Attachments

• Ken Burton - Do Ya.mp3
    7.3 MB · Views: 19
  • fairchild_f22.jpg
    fairchild_f22.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 36
Bonjour, If you want to sell them (encore), i am your buyer (i do love Fairchild Audio and i would sing with them and 662 preamps). Isn't it too late ?
Best regards, cordialement,
jean-Michel from France

I'm afraid Harvey's last activity here was in 2015.
Maybe he has email notifications turn on, though.

Would be great to see him back here. :)

Back