Looking for a Tascam M-2516...

poopchute

I figured I would finally get around to putting a "Looking For" thread up for the mixer I am after.
So, like the Title says, I am looking for a "Gently Used" or "New in the Box" Tascam M-2516. Actually the "New in the Box" is just a joke... Unless someone actually has been sitting on one for 20-25 years and is finally looking to unload it... :)
I may be wrong, but the M-2516 seems to be overall a rare config compared to the 2524 or any of the other M series mixers.
Just for anyone who may be interested... I am located in Clintonville, Wisconsin. Thats about 45-50 minutes West of Green Bay, and about a 3 1/2 hour drive to Chicago.
Obviously I am hoping I can find someone who is at least only 1 state away from me. So we can meet in person and avoid any shipping costs and the likely damages. I have a cousin who works for UPS in Chicago and he always loves to tell me stories on how a Fragile sticker is basically a Bullseye and if its an extra heavy package they love to drop them and slam them around a few times just to check that they are packaged real good. So yeah... avoid shipping anything vintage or older equipment that is nearly impossible to replace.

Just curious what the unit''s particular attraction?
I went from 216' to M312b at one time.. :>)
Thanks

So can anybody give me 2-3 options for a NEW mixer that can do most of the things that a Tascam M-2516 or M-1600. Hopefully any recommendations would have Direct Outs on each channel. Right? thats something that are a plus or are standard in an "Analog" recording console???
It seems if I start looking on any of the big sites like Sweet-H2O... Musicians Fiend... or GuitarSenter I can find some "analog" mixers but there always seems to be 1 or 2 features missing from what I would get with a used Tascam... And if I get lucky and it does have every thing I want it also has 24-32 channels (too many for me) and the price jumps up into the thousands...
Anybody???

I guess I could edit the title and add that I would also be open to a Tascam M-1600.

Maybe to ask then why the Tascams. Just curious. When I went from M312b to Mac 24-8bus I thought it was a bump up for example -sound wise, not just 'features.
(I went digi' so that one's sitting idle.

Strryder... That Tascam M-1600 you posted links for looked pretty clean and in good shape. Just a quick question since I havent really been looking at that model until recently, it doesnt need a separate Power Supply Unit like some of the other Tascam mixers does it? I see a lot of them for sale without the PSU. Whats the deal, do they have a history of burning up or is everyone just keeping them for other mixers?

I think when they are taken out of service people simply lose them.

The power supplies are pretty robust and easy enough to fix should they go bad.

And due to the cables, they only go with the mixer they came with. (My speculation)

So back to the most common reason for lack of pwr supplies, idiots lose them.

ok, then Im gonna ask even tho I know there can be a wide variety of answers. But does the price he's asking seem reasonable? From the Pics he posted the mixer seems very clean looking so hopefully thats a representative of how it was taken care of and how it should be on the inside. Also, I am kinda familiar with the suburb hes in and its a decently above average median income. There are even a few spots right in his area that I would say are mega rich with HUGE front lawns 2-300 yards wide and deep with Horse Stables everywhere and all these lawns are maintained by landscaping companies. I guess picture living on a Golf Course.
One time my family was going to a suburb right next to O'hare Airport and my GPS decided to tell me to take an exit about 30 miles north of our normal exit and we figured we would just trust it. Some of these Mega Rich Suburbs BLEW my mind. We never knew they were there. These are places that people like Oprah Winfrey or Micheal Jordan might live in. Im not exaggerating.
On the other hand there is still a better chance that hes not in that area.
So my point is, I feel, if the guy is 4-5 times richer that I am chances are he wouldnt be beating the carp out of his equipment. But, then again he would probably selling a Trident or Toft and not a Tascam so I could be very wrong...

The M-1600's plug straight into the wall, however, one thing to make note of with the 1600 series is that the direct outs and the group outs require D-Sub connectors.

Back