looking for pre-amp donations

jrockpsycho

anyone have any pre-amps or di boxes they don't want/need/use? i am working on trying to raise money to record an album, but am basically homeless at this point :( , and any gear donations would help us out so much. if i am completely out of line asking this question please let me know, aint too proud to beg. thanks guys -jrock

I don't see any harm at all in asking.
It's nun of my business, but would it seem doing an album an odd priority?

i answer no, only because i am part of a two person band and have been for a while. i am selling all of my things to record and hopefully find an new place to live, but it is definitely a priority. thanks :)

Out of interest, what gear do you have already?

I don't anything about you, but I'm just asking because a lot of people come through here thinking they need a preamp, and leave realising they need an audio interface.
A preamp just seems like a strange thing to be 'begging' for, to me at least.

Also, if it interests you you could try round local colleges/universities. I know around here students were happy to record bands and musicians for free as part of their coursework.
You don't have to take their mix, just let them do what they want but ask for a copy of the raw tracks too.

Just a suggestion.

i have an interface, but need a pre amp to get the right sound on my mic. for some reason i can't get the right sound or levels out of my interface. i heard that art makes like a 50 dollar single channel pre amp? you can hear two of my mixes from when i had an art mp gold at reverbnation.com/hollowsongs .....unfortunately i had to sell my pre amp, and my recordings have suffered for it. i definitely don't have the money to invest in a new one, so i just wanted to see if maybe there were any folks here more fortunate than myself that might be looking to unload one.

Back