KORG SDD-2000 Digital Delay with MIDI, EXCELLENT

KORG SDD-2000 Sampling Digital Delay with MIDI
Excellent Condition
$165 Delivered (NOT, see new price in post below)

1sdd2000-front_700w.jpg

I'm the original owner. This was a VERY popular delay unit in its day. It has MIDI control features I never came close to understanding. If you want to make use of them, the User Manual is included.

This unit was used for just a short while in my home demo studio. I'm a songwriter who maintains a very clean, smoke-free studio environment. This unit was rack mounted. No liquid spills and no accidents. I'll bet this delay didn't see more than 20 hours of use, total. It's been 'resting' in a cool dry basement for a couple of decades (Life caught up with me and forced my withdrawal from Music). I'm back now, but on a limited budget and scale - so my recording effects are all just VST plugins.

This unit is LIKE NEW, except for one minor glitch. The Program button (the white one) sometimes needs to be selected more than once before it engages. I noticed this when I first took the unit out of storage, and I also notice that the button operates properly after the unit has been powered on for a while. I'm no technician, but the pattern seems to suggest that the Program button should function properly once the unit is returned to regular use.

If you want this shipped outside of the US, PM me.

Also, will consider TRADE toward a good used ALVAREZ MD350 acoustic guitar.

2sdd2000-plate_700w.jpg

3sdd2000-top_700w.jpg

4sdd2000-rear_700w.jpg

5sdd2000-top+manual_700w

Last edited:
PRICE DROP to $150 DELIVERED in USA.

I mentioned a 'glitch' in my original post. After a week of "studying this unit" I think it might be no glitch at all.

I've been turning the unit on each day for maybe a half hour. Now the white Program button engages properly 9 times out 10. In the few instances where it doesn't, I just HOLD it for a second or push it a second time. Done.

If anybody's interested in buying, I'll put up a short YouTube video to demonstrate. PM me.

Revised description, Revised price

Delivery cost in the USA is about double what I thought it would be, and it seems to be impossible for me to edit or delete the original post. Therefore, as of April 11:

KORG SDD-2000 Sampling Digital Delay
With outstanding MIDI and RECORD SYNC features
Excellent Condition
$150 Pickup, figure delivery cost at about $25

I'm the original owner. This was a VERY popular delay unit in its day (mid to late 1980s). It has MIDI control features and RECORD SYNC features that I never investigated. If YOU want to make use of them, the User Manual is included.

The band U2 loves the SDD-2000 and has used it on many albums - and continues to do so to this day.

Here's a link to a helpful overview article describing the Korg SDD-2000.

This unit was used for a short time in my home studio - a clean, smoke-free, controlled environment. It was rack mounted and experienced no liquid spills and no 'accidents' of any kind. I think this delay unit hasn't seen more than 30 hours of use, total. It's been 'resting' in a cool dry basement for a couple of decades.

This unit is LIKE NEW, except for one very minor glitch, which may be no glitch at all.
The Program button (the white one) occasionally must be pressed twice. I noticed this when I first took the unit out of storage, but I also notice that the button operates properly after the unit has been powered on for a while. 9 times out 10 the Program button works perfectly. If it fails to engage, just hold the button in for a half second or push it a second time. No problem. I think the Program button will function properly every time once the unit is returned to regular use. If anything, a quick shot of contact cleaner is probably all it needs (but I don't have any).

Back