io 14 firewire mixer problem

aspland

Im using an imac with lepoard 10.5.8 OSX system and an alesis io14 through firewire. This setup has worked fine for the last two years but recently the imac system preferances can not see the io14 anymore. If I go to Logic I can play sound through the io14 so the firewire cable is working along with the io14 unit. If I try to play any sounds from the imac that are not logic related it does not work. Ive gone to Alesis website and download both older drivers for Lepoard which did not work and the later ones for Snow Leopard. The Snow Leopard drivers where in the system prefernces but when I tried to make the io14 my output and input foe sound it would not work but if you opened logic worked fine.

This as lead me to believe that it's got to be OSX issues.

Not sure where I go from here that why I've posted this thread. Anybody got any advice as I'm at my witts end.
Andrew

I don't know anything about your problem (sorry), but I do have some advice :). Ask a mod to move this to a different forum so more people will see it. It also sounds like a driver / software problem since the hardware is working, so maybe ask them to change the title, too, so you get more mac-knowledgeable people's attention.

Back