IC: Studer ReVox PR99

pmradio

Wanting to know if there's any interest in a Studer ReVox PR99. Our station has 4 that are looking for a new home. Coming from a radio station, they've probably seen fairly heavy use, but hopefully maintained. Any interest? Obviously these guys are a beast to ship.

Pricing is all over the board, as you might expect. While I'm still looking, got an offer? PM if you do.

BTW, these have been in storage so I'm going to double-check that they are working as best I can tell, other than a bit dusty. I do have at least one manual and one schematic set. The station is non-smoking, so unless the machinery has picked up bad habits in storage, it should be clean from that standpoint...full stereo, less tar.

Location is Southeast TN. Let me pull all of these out, verify that they are working, snap some shots, and I'll get back with you. I'll try to post some shots here and e-mail you, KamikazeKyle. Thanks!

Paul

Sounds good. I live in St Louis MO. So I would also like shipping info if possible. Just to clarify these are 2 track 1/4" tape machines correct?

OK...for some reason I mis-counted. I only see 3 of the revoxes. We have a couple of others that do NOT have any sort of back-panel...just a front face. Obviously, meant to be rack-mounted. I plugged one in and nothing happens. I'll keep working to make sure it's either dead or just a temp thing. All three were in the racks for a long time before we took them out and have been sitting in the engineering office for 3 years or so.

I naively assumed that because the power light didn't come on, it didn't work. I pressed play and ...ooo it spins. Let me throw some tape on these guys and test them more thoroughly.

Quick update. 2 play, one is not pulling tape up under a load. I'm going to give these a little TLC and see if that improves things.

OK. I've got one machine to go, but so far one machine will probably have to be a parts machine as it appears the capstan motor is shot, the pinch roller is missing the rubber, and the power-on bulb is out.

The second machine is good. I cleaned the heads and everything appears to be fine.

I'll check out #3 next.

Back